Chapter 16

***Note***
Hey guys! Just wanted to say that I'm glad y'all liked the last chapter!:) p.s I'm sorry for all the grammatical errors lately, it's just I don't get a chance to proofread due to school and stuff though I guess once my book is complete I'll edit it and fix em.

***Monday***
"I'm telling you I looked like an idiot" said Scarlett to Jamie as the two gave a sponge bath to a senior citizen.
"Oh c'mon I bet it wasn't that embarrassing" replied Jamie trying to put Scarlett at ease.
"NO TRUST ME IT WAS BAD! Like 'it's Sri Lanka and you might wanna do a better job next time' she mimicked Erik.

"You know dear I'd appreciate it if you were a little softer with the sponge" said the wrinkly old man in the middle of the twos conversation.

"Oh.. yes. Sorry." Said Scarlett looking over to Jamie.

***later***
"Gurl I just think you be over reacting, the boy probably doesn't even remember anymore" said Jamie as the two went off to there lunch break.

A sigh escaped Scarlett "whatever, what about you? How was the mystery weekend away" she said.

"Oh freakin amazing honey! Jake took me to the lake house and you wouldn't believe the places we did IT" said Jamie with a cheeky smile that went cheek to cheek.
"Okay .. ew, I don't wanna know the details"
Said Scarlett as she picked up a roast beef salad and made there way to the break room to eat it.

"I'm telling you girl, you need some action" said Jamie as she too joined her. "And maybe Mr.Hollywood would be the perfect kinda action" continued Jamie looking over to Scar giving her a wink.

Rolling her eyes to the statement Scarlett ate her food, thoughts consumed her. Some in regards of work, others about family yet one that stood out the most..Erik, she felt like an idiot since that weekend hence she made up her mind and was that the best way to? I guess we'll find out.

***later that night***
As Scarlett reached home and changed into her Pyjamas, she picked up her phone for she desired nothing more then to be free of this miserable feeling of being a stalker. She dialled the number and waited.
*beep*
*beep*
*beep*
*beep*
The ring back tone went on, only for Scarlett to reach a voicemail. Not wanting to leave a message she put her phone away and returned back to herself.. though not much later her phone rang.

It was Erik, Erik Menendez as it said on the screen on her phone. Her heart raced for didn't know what to do, was she to pick up or let it ring?? Debating in her head it lead to her voice mail.

'You've reached Scarlett Hasting's voice mail, please leave a message after the beep' said the automated voice.

"Hey, it's Erik. Erik Menendez. you called? Sorry I didn't pick up, hope everything alright..?" There was a moment of silence before he continued "Though if your having a hard time with something I'm sure you'll probably google urself a way out" he continued with a chuckle.

This was the very statement that pushed the listening Scarlett to the edge, she grabbed her phone and answered for that might've not been the best thing to do.

"Excuse me" she said out loud into the phone.
"Oh so you were listening" said Erik, surprised by the fact Scarlett picked up.

"WHAT?!" Said Scarlett in hysterics
"Googling people and calling them to hang up just to listen to their voice.. hmm didn't take you to be such a total weirdo now Hastings" said Erik in jocular manner.

"Weir- okay no! Listen I called to apologise for the other day! But clearly I'm not doing that anymore." Said Scarlett in an annoyed tone of voice.

"Wait. You called to apologise for searching me up?" Asked Erik for that was the only thing he picked up from her last sentence.

"Correction, I WAS! but now I'm clearly not" said Scarlett whilst rolling her eyes.

"Okay, hey I didn't mean to take a crack at you. It's alright" said Erik with a sincere tone.

"Alright then.. Bye." Replied Scarlett as she cut the call, only to cut him off.

("No-" Scarlett cut the call on Erik)

After doing so she shut her eyes tight and sighed for she heard him trying to say something..hence she picked up her phone again and dial-Ed away.

"Sorry you were saying something" said Scarlett as Erik picked up.
"Yeah.. you slam the phone shut on everybody or is it just me" he asked in a satirical manner.

Over all the conversation went on between the two, they spoke for an hour about all the things that interested them. From Erik's trips to Sri Lanka to Scarlett's trashy idea of how Sri Lanka and Bali look pretty much the same.

***note***Aight! So clearly we're getting somewhere with this story now! :D Anyway hope y'all liked it! Lemme know if there something specific y'all wanna read or want me to add into the storyline

***note***
Aight! So clearly we're getting somewhere with this story now! :D
Anyway hope y'all liked it! Lemme know if there something specific y'all wanna read or want me to add into the storyline.
Btw lemme know if y'all want me to start doing POVs like I did in the beginning of the book.

Don't forget to
Share/vote and comment