Chapter 14

***Arriving at The Ritz-Carlton hotel***

As Scarlett arrived at the hotel, she was truly blown away by the sight of the beautiful resort

As Scarlett arrived at the hotel, she was truly blown away by the sight of the beautiful resort. The sent of freshly trimmed shrubs filled the air and as for the sky, it added a beauty to the place unlike any other. The rich hues of red and orange blended giving an almost ombré.

"This way madam" said the one of the hospitality workers, he lead Scarlett to the main desk where stood a middle age man with grey hair. His look really shouted of old wise man as Scarlett approached.
"An appointment I believe" said the wise old man questionably for the hotel was not open for business yet.
"Umm.. no I mean yeah I guess" said Scarlett as she stumbled with her words. " actually I'm here for a dinner the Menendez family is hosting? My name's Scarlett, Scarlett Hastings" she continued.

"Of course" said the wise looking man with a smile before he informed one of his fellow workers something.

"Honey" said a deep yet comforting voice from behind.
"DAD" shouted out Scarlett as she turned around to see her father! "What are you doing here" she continued for she was shocked to see her dad here.

"Well didn't you mother tell you?" He continued as he went in to hug his daughter.

"No?!? I had no Idea  you were joining us" said Scarlett with an oh so happy smile for did not get much time to spend with her dad.. specially after the divorce of her parents and her job. Over all the separation all those years ago was messy but thankfully her parents didn't hate each other rather found ways to adapt to the change.

"Mr.Hastings and miss" said one of the hospitality workers as he gestured towards the a glass door that lead out doors.

The sight was just as beautiful as the one Scarlett's eyes saw before, there was a table set for eight and surrounding it was a stunning garden and upfront was a lake upon which the sunset.

"Oh aren't you two just-punctual" said Felicity as she entered the garden area along with Kitty and Mike.

The family greeted one another for they'd been altogether after an awfully long time. Mike and Scarlett talked oh so fondly as they did back in the day whilst kitty kept company to Felicity and James.

"JAMES" said a heavy yet raspy voice, it was Jose. The two, jame and Jose had been friends for a long time. You see James was Jose's real estate lawyer hence helped buy many of his homes and hotels.

Now these must be the kids huh" said Jose as he walked over to Scarlett and Mike. "I must say you guys have grown up" continued Jose as his eyes lingered the two, Scarlett and Mike.

"Well this is Mike, he's a senior in college" introduced James "and this is-"

"Scarlett I believe" said Jose cutting James off "I remember you, heard your nurse these days" he continued.

An uneasy feeling came over Scarlett for she didn't remember quite a lot from that summer 8 years ago but one thing she did remember was that Mr.Menendez wasn't the typa man he was pretending to be right now.

"Yes" replied Scarlett with a smile.
"Still just as quite huh" said Jose as he lit up a Cigar with James and got into some of there own conversation.

***10 minutes later***
All enjoying the beautiful view as they did, Scarlett and Mike walked within the massive gardens that surrounded them, flowers from all over the world encircled em. It was beautiful.

Whilst the two talked Scarlett's eye caught a certain someone walking down the red brick pathway that lead to where they all stood earlier. It was a male, about six feet tall in a black suit. His hair was curly but not quite, looked somewhat tense from the way he walked. Loosening his collar as he approached.

"Who you looking at" asked Mike for he noticed his sisters attention divert from there conversation.
"I don't know.. let's go see" she replied as the two made there way back to the original site they were at.

There stood the male, greeting all those in-front of him, Scarlett watched from behind as her brother too went to greet the man.

"Scar come say hi" said James as he gestured his daughter to come say hello to the young male that had just entered.

"Yeaa, hi" said Scarlett with a smile
"Hey" he replied
The Awkward silence surrounded the two yet not for long for Scarlett was oh so grateful for her brother's gift of chatter.

"Dude I remember visiting you! You had like the coolest video games" started off Mike as him and Erik got into there own little conversation.
Not much time later all sat down along the table, Erik sat right in-front/opposite of Scarlett.

The food was brought out, one after the other. Everyone interacted and as did Scarlett though trying her best to not interact with the male that sat across from her.

"Oh you know Scarlett's a nurse" said Mike to Erik as the two talked and this caught Scars ear causing her to look over to the two. Thus a conversation started. It was an interesting one, for example Erik had attended two different universities for his bachelors. UCLA and Princeton. His stories were truly unlike any of Scarlett, she'd always played it safe, stayed close to home and never took a risk.

The conversations went on for hours and hours till the night came to an end for as usual Kitty and Felicity were drunk as ever and that meant it was time to go home.
"I'll drive her" said Scarlett to her dad helping her mum to her car.
"Some things never change huh" said James as he looked over to his daughter with loving eyes.
"Come on Mike, help your sister out" said James as Mike stood talking to Jose in regards of God knows what.
"What the kid doesn't have a license" said Jose as he approached the Hastings.
"I have a permit" said Mike in a rush looking over to Jose for he was too embarrassed to say that he'd failed the driving test more then four times.

"The boy drives.. just not well" said James diverting the conversation.

"I'll take moms car and if it's okay I'll come by tomorrow to pick mine up?" Asked Scarlett looking over to Jose kitty Erik and James.

"Sure" said Erik with a smile.

***note***
Okay so I don't know if y'all can tell or not but I'm loosing it .-. Like I honestly have no idea what direction we're going in.. so gimme some time and I promise I'll come up with something better. Over all what I'm saying is that I won't be updating tomorrow rather day after so I have some time to come up with a better storyline in regards of what's gonna happen next.

Thanks :)

Don't forget
Vote/comment and share