Chapter 6

***Scarlett's POV ***
"Hey! Thanks for picking me up" said Scarlett as she got in her sister Arial's  car.

"No problem" replied Ariel with a smile as she pulled outta the parking lot, "so what'd you get" she continued.

"Well I went to H&M and Hollister, didn't really get much  BUT I found the cutest sweater EVER!" Said Scarlett with excitement in her tone.

"A sweater?? Seriously man" said Ariel followed with a laugh of disbelief "you do realise you live in Florida and not to mention it's hella hot here in L.A." she continued.

"Yes.. but it was calling to  me" replied Scarlett laughingly. "Anyway I met Erik at the mall" continued scar

"Erik?" Said Ariel in confusion for she did not know who her sister spoke about.

"Menendez? You know Aunt kitty's son" said Scarlett  trying to ring any bells in her sister pastel blue dyed head.

"Ohh yeah the Menendez kids, yeah I know Lyle. He's taking the same sociology classes as me" replied  Ariel as recalled the brothers "the little one's kinda shy though.. right?" Asked Ariel

"Yeaaa he's kinda quiet but really sweet though" continued Scarlett as she rested her head against against the car window, shutting her eyes.

***Erik's POV***
"Ah"
Erik grunted as his tennis racket collided against the balls that shot out towards him.

"You better win this tournament you know" said Jose standing not too far from the court, his voice stern and eyes emotionless as he stared at his son.

"I assure you, Erik will do great at your charity event Mr.Menendez" stated Brad, Erik's coach.

"He better, we'll have guests attending from all over and they better get a show." Replied Jose sternly whilst looking at Brad, his eyes cold as always.
"I just hope he doesn't repeat his mistakes from the junior league" continued Jose as he turned away and made his way out of the court.

***Flash back***
Junior league was a tournament held last year, the matches were played all over America by only the best of the best. An approximate of 120 kids picked and Erik being one of them.

He played his best yet clearly not good enough. This was his chance to get picked up by a sponsor who'd help him reach his father's Olympic dream yet it was clearly not meant to be.

That loss was the worst loss of his life, the pain of that day truly stayed with him. After loosing the match Erik was meant to travel to Canada along side his mother to visit his ill grandmother yet the monster that ruled his life did not let him do so.

Alone he was left with this man he called his father yet an abuser he was. That was truly the worst travel of his life, he prayed to God that the plane would crash if not take him now. The things that took place in that private jet were truly devastating and what worse was that he endured it not only that one time yet was used to it for he had been since as long as he remembered.

***present***
Breathing heavily as he did, Erik wiped the sweat off his forehead.
"Don't worry kid, you'll do great tomorrow" Brad reassured Erik whilst handing himself a bottle of cool Gatorade.

"Yeah I hope so" replied Erik under his breath, only for himself to hear.

Note: ookay so I hope y'all been enjoying the story so far:) and what do y'all think of the POVs?

What would you guys think of a time jump??

P.s
If anyone is not understanding a certain situation in the story feel free to comment, it's just I'm not one glorify the abuse Erik and his brother Lyle endured during there childhood hence when I describe the certain situations, I tend to keep it brief.

^ a family photo of the boys and their (inhuman barbaric ) father