Who Am I?

Once they were assembled in the padded room, she was instructed to face Slade and 'copy' what he did by Simon. She watched Slade as he shifted from creature to creature, while she remained the same.

  "It's not working." She called out to Simon in the other room.

  "Let's try something else. It seems like your powers are instinctive, they take over when you're threatened or in danger. Slade, when I give you the hand signal, morph and attack Carla."

  "With pleasure." Slade sneered, crouching. He narrowed his eyes. Carla stood with her hands on her hips, preparing to be attacked.

  "NOT. FUNNY!" Carla screamed when Slade morphed.

  "Slade, stop fooling around." Simon ordered into the microphone.

  "You're no fun." Slade said, wearing Luke's face and voice.

  "You change back, NOW." Carla demanded, "If you try that again, I will not be held responsible for my actions."

  Slade sniggered, instantly morphing into Nate. With lightning speed, Carla grabbed the shape shifter by the throat, lifting him off the ground with one hand. Her beautiful face was full of rage. He picked the wrong day to test her patience.

  The shapeshifter was about to see exactly what she was and what she was capable of. She squeezed slightly and Slade's face began to turn blue.

  His hands clawed at her, in an effort to free himself, to no avail. He was moments from losing consciousness when she released him. He dropped to the ground and morphed back into himself, coughing and gasping for breath.

  "Carla! What's gotten into you?" Simon exclaimed, rushing to Slade's side.

  'Nothing got into her, that's the problem.' Carla spun around furiously. Prepared to snap Nate's neck. But there was no one there apart from Simon and a still recovering Slade.

  "Where is he?"

  "Where is who?" Simon asked looking around, confused.

  "Never mind." Carla was convinced she'd completely lost her marbles.

  Her eyes darted to the red hand print around Slade's throat, confirming she'd actually lost her mind. She went to him. He backed away with fear in his eyes. "Slade, I'm sorry." Her eyes searched his face but all she saw was fear and hatred.

  "He's fine. He was asking for that." Amazon said, standing in the doorway. Her almond shaped eyes were full of kindness and understanding.

  "Where's Nate?" Carla asked.

  "Swimming, as always. Why?" Amazon asked with a quizzical look on her face.

  "Never mind."

    Carla was waiting on deck when the twins climbed back on board. They were out of breath and happily teasing each other about who the faster swimmer was.

  "Hi Carla." Natasha said in her sweet voice.

  "Hi. Natasha. Nate can we talk?" Carla asked with as much civility as she could muster.

  "Of course, anything for you Halo." Nate said. Natasha sat beside Carla, fully prepared to stay and protect her brother.

  "In private." Carla added, giving Natasha her most disarming smile in the hope of  reassuring her that her brother was in no danger.

  "Tash, Halo would never hurt me." Nate reassured his sister.

  Natasha didn't budge, so he grabbed Carla and kissed her passionately. At first, Carla was horrified, until she realised it was the only way Nate's overprotective twin would leave them alone. She pressed herself against the wet Nate and kissed him back, matching his enthusiasm.