First Taste

"Simon needs you in the experiment room." Travis informed Carla when he found her, still sitting in the boardroom. She had a lot to think about and process. She gave tiny Travis a squeeze and took his hand as he lead her to the padded room.

"I found a willing volunteer." Simon announced when she joined him.

  Carla looked in the padded room and smiled when she saw Nate standing in there, shirtless, his muscular body still glistening from a recent swim. Luke and Slade were in the other room, deep in conversation.

"Does he ever wear a shirt?" Luke asked in an angry tone much to Slade's amusement.

"Carla, I need you to bite Nate." Simon directed.

"Oh Boy. I'll get the first aid kit." Slade announced and rushed off, laughing hysterically.

"Does he know what he volunteered for?" Luke asked in a serious tone.

"Yes, he didn't hesitate." Simon replied, watching Carla step inside the padded room with an excited Nate. He flicked the tv monitors on and spoke into the microphone.

"Nate, just so we're clear, and for the record. We need you to acknowledge that you know what you've volunteered for."

"I have volunteered to let the most beautiful woman in the world give me a hickey." Nate replied with his signature devilish smile.

"Nate!" Both Carla and Simon exclaimed in unison.

"Yes, yes. I acknowledge. Let's get this show on the road. Then we can go swimming." Nate winked at Carla so she knew he was referring to the comment he made the other night about making love under water.

"Now I see how sirens have caused countless shipwrecks over the years," Amazon said, appearing in the doorway, "he really is irresistible." She licked her full lips seductively, while Luke clenched his jaw.

Carla turned and faced the cameras. Her eyes pleading for the experiment to begin. Even she, who was immune to his fishy charms, was anxious to sink her teeth into him, Luke thought to himself. Grinding his square jaw harder.

"Begin." Simon instructed flicking the switch to begin the recording.

Carla approached Nate tentatively. She had no idea how to 'begin'. She turned to the cameras and shrugged in effort to get further instruction.

"For crying out loud," Slade yelled into the microphone, "we don't have all day. Just get in close and BITE."

"Aren't you worried? About what might happen." Carla asked Nate, taking another tentative step towards him.

"No, why should I be worried? I'm not a vampire. I'm pretty sure anything you do to me won't kill me. Apart from dying from a broken heart." Nate replied in a flirty tone and took a step towards her. The pair were inches apart. Carla licked her lips, buying time, too afraid to strike.

"If you don't bite me, I will have to bite you."

Without warning, Nate grabbed Carla and threw her to the ground, pinning her under his stocky body. Carla could feel his excitement growing, and her body reacted in a way that betrayed her. Nate looked at her erect nipples and moaned, slowly lowering his mouth towards her neck. That's when Carla's instincts took over.

She pushed Nate off her body. With a tiny shove, he was sent flying across the room. Surprised at her own strength, she leapt to her feet as he stood up and came at her again.

  Visibly relishing the cat and mouse game, he grabbed Carla again but this time she dropped him to the ground. Forcing him onto his back, she climbed on top of him to pin him down. She wasn't worried about Nate hurting her, she was worried about him. Specifically, the consequences to him if Nate somehow managed to bite her. If her blood was half as toxic to Nate's species, as it was to Luke's, she could kill him instantly.