Amazon

"I know your mind is spinning. This time yesterday your life was very different. I'm sorry, especially because we kidnapped you," Amazon said with a frown, "but I know you have waited a long time for answers and we will help you find them Carla. We are now your family." The seven foot tall woman put her large hand on Carla's shoulder.

Carla allowed her new friend to console her. She'd never felt as tiny as she did now amongst these people. She was five foot seven but she may as well have been four feet tall compared to everyone else.

Amazon was right. This time yesterday her life was totally different. She recalled sitting at her desk at the law firm she was interning at, staring out of the office window, wondering if there was more to life. Today, she was on board a luxury yacht, filled with supernaturals, headed for am unknown destination. To fight an unknown war. Be careful what you wish for, Carla said to herself.

"You are the first of your kind, as far as we know, the only one of your kind. I am the last of my kind. But together we are one big, strong family." Amazon said with solemn eyes.

"What superpowers do you have?" Carla asked, looking up at the gentle giant.

"I am fast and strong. Almost as strong and fast as Frenchy, but you don't need to fear me. I live off plant food not humans." Amazon said with a laugh.

"Luke is French? I couldn't pick his accent."

"He is. He has been around a very long time and lived all over the world, I guess his accent has fused with many others." Carla nodded, that made sense.

She wondered how old he was. He looked to be in his late twenties or early thirties. It was hard to tell because he was always scowling. She wondered about his relationship with Sasha, it was obvious the wolf worshipped him. But she was far too young to be his girlfriend, and Carla didn't get an intimate vibe from them.

"You're the last of you kind? That is so sad. How can such a powerful civilisation of women be wiped out?" Carla asked, taking her mind off the vampire.

"I am the last pure breed. It's very hard to breed pure bloods when you're all women." Amazon said, bringing a blush to Carla's cheeks. Amazon laughed, wrapping her arm around the tiny woman. Despite knowing she was indestructible, she couldn't help but feel as though she would break her. Carla smiled at Amazon, she trusted her, she knew she genuinely cared. She felt safe with her around.

They watched coastline begin to disappear as the yacht reached open water. Carla blinked back tears knowing she had left Katy without a proper goodbye. Amazon squeezed the tiny woman's shoulder again, instinctively comforting her.

"Would you like a drink?" Amazon asked. Carla looked at her watch, it was 8am.

"Yes, actually, I would love a drink." Carla answered. Anything to take her mind off her sister. Amazon poured them each a tall glass of vodka and cranberry juice and the women clinked glasses.

"Here's to you. Welcome to the team Carla Reed." Amazon said, giving Carla a beautiful smile. They sipped their tall drinks then walked to the dining room where they were met by everyone, apart from Luke.