Chapter 4

A couple of days after y/n falling ill, Alucard started to distant himself away from her. He left notes around the house such as "Don't make me breakfast I'm out." "I left a bandage for your wound." "Drink lots of water." He made sure that she was safe, even though he was not by her side. Y/n was upset by him avoiding her.

Did she do something wrong?

She continued her chores, cleaning up around the house. She was more careful avoiding situations where he would have to help her. She did not want to bother him.

I am just a burden to him, she thought

She wanted to see him and talk to him. She wanted to be by his side and to see if he was okay. The pain in his eye showed scars from the past. The only time she saw him was at night..... without his knowledge. At night she would quietly sneak into his room and watch over him while he was sleeping. She was ashamed at herself for doing this, she was only doing this to make sure he was still here and that he was safe.

One of the many nights of her checking up on him, before she opened his door, she felt something was wrong. She heard noises coming from Alucard's room. She immediately opened the door to see him twisting and turning in his sleep.

Nightmare?

She saw tears running down his eyes all she could hear was "I'm sorry, Please don't hurt me."

Her heart stopped beating. He looked so helpless. She immediately sprung to his side trying to wake him up.

"Alecurd, Alecurd, it's me Y/n you're okay. Please wake up."

He eyes shotted open and he immediately flinched.

"I'm a monster. Please don't come near me."

Y/n saddened by how he viewed himself she lifted him up and wrapped her arms around him.

"You're not a monster. You were never one or will be one." She replied

"I will hurt you if you come close to me." He sobbed

Y/n held him tighter and ran her finger through his long hair. He was sweating and his clothes were sticking to his skin. Through his clothing she could see red marks all over his chest. She lifted his head so his eyes met hers and questioned him.

"Did you do that to yourself?" she questioned

He looked at her eyes and shook his head saying no.

"Who did this to you then?" she asked desperately

He didn't reply this time.

Not wanting to push him she placed his head back in the crook of neck and continued to rock him.

A couple of seconds went by and the only noises were the trees outside and the wind.

"Listen, you are not a monster. Whatever happened in the past is over. I will never force you to tell me what happened, but I am here." She spoke

He shook his head slowly.

She added on "Remember even if the whole world turned on you, I will never leave your side."

She lifted his head once again to wipe the tears from his cheeks.

"Please don't leave me alone tonight. I will tell you everything tomorrow." He pleaded.

She looked at him once again and shook her head. She let go of him and went on the other side of the bed. Once she was lying down, his back faced to her front, she slowly wrapped her arms around him. Not used to the subtle affection he flinched

"Don't worry I won't hurt you. Are you okay with me doing this?" y/n asked

He didn't reply but instead turned to face her and wrapped his arms around her. He placed his head in the crook of his neck and slowly drifted off to sleep.

While he slept, she questioned what she was to him.

He must like me, right? Don't be silly she thought. Know your place you are just a friend. This is what friends do for one another.

Yep this is chapter 4. I don't how to write lovey dovey scenes. I wanna make smut chapter but that may go terribly wrong. Thank you for coming this far :)