Chapter 15

After the wholesome and the silent breakfast, nakabalik na din kami sa School. I always feel like Zadist wanted to accompany me because he knew that me and Maro are siblings. Aside sa school na walang ibang taong nakakaalam, except the staffs.

I don't want Z to mind me so much. Pero he already did. Simula nung mga araw na palagi niya akong hinihintay and was trying to tell me that there's something wrong. I shouldve listened to him sooner.

"Why in deep thought?" He asked while we walked towards the building.

I stopped walking.

"Go to your building now." Sabi ko.

"Ihahatid lang sana kita sa building mo." Sabi niya.

Hindi ko siya tinignan. Yumuyuko lang ako like what I always do. But this time I'm going to tell him to stop. Why? Kasi I know this is kind of like a burdensome para sa isang tao. If he is sorry then I should tell him that he doesnt have to accompany me. I'm fine.

"No. Go, Z." Sabi ko.

"Why are you in such a deep thought?" Sabi niya ulit.

"Uhm, if you're sorry about me because of Maro, it's okay. Leave the picture to the school staff if you think that'll help. You dont have to hang around with me—"

"Like what I said, I just cared."

"Why do you care?"

"Because I want to." He said. He sounds so serious. "Look at me."

I sighed.

"Why are you pushing me away?" Sabi niya.

"I need you to stop."

"Why, exactly? Ano bang problema?" Sabi niya. "Look at me, Maris."

I looked at him.

He sighed.

"You're blushing." Sabi niya.

""Wag mong sayangin ang oras mo to help, to care. Kasi people will disappoint you anytime. You dont have to waste your energy spending time with them. With me." Sabi ko. "I mean, go and hang around with other people who is like you."

Minamaliit ko na sarili ko and that's obvious. Ito na naman tayo sa negative thoughts, Maris.

"You're emotional, M. And that's unnecessary."

"I'm not." Mabilis kong sagot.

"What do you want me to do?" Sabi niya.

"Leave me alone."

"I just want to be your friend, you know." Sabi niya. "Is there something wrong with that?"

"Leave me alone. And stop taking pictures." Sabi ko and left him. I ran.

"Maris!" He shouted my name pero he doesn't sound too angry.

Nakarating ako sa classroom. Just when my first period went out of the room. My teacher instructed me to follow her sa Faculty Room.

"You shouldnt be absent at my class, Maris." Sabi nang teacher.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am."

"Mr. James cant see your class for the next period. So I want you to run some errands." Sabi niya.

"Okay." I said.

"Give these to the whole Class and collect right after. And also, bring the Class President with you when you'll come back here."

After she gave a bunch of papers na kailangan i-distribute sa isang Class sa Computer Studies Department, I'm worried makikita ko si Z.

I don't want a friend.

I don't want anybody.

Everyone will be disappointed to me.

I went straight to the classroom she instructed me to go.

I just went inside with my head bowed and distributed the paper. The students were 50/50 quiet and loud. They're talking about protocols, I don't know.

While distributing papers, I saw Z. But I didn't looked at him in the eyes. When I was about to put the paper on his desk, he suddenly grabbed my hand.

"If you think I'm a creep and a stalker, M. That's not true. I took the picture just one time with your brother. The rest of the informations about you are on your student profile."

Right. The stalking.

Maybe it's a not a big deal to anybody but it is to some. Define Privacy.

"Why?" I asked.

He sighed.

"Why would you look at my profile?"  I asked.

Hindi siya nakasagot.

I left him and continued distributing the papers. The teacher may have told them first hand about these so they already know what to do.

I can't manage to sit infront of the class so I decided to go outside and wait.

Nakatayo ako habang napatingin sa palagid. Bunch of students, just minding their own business while facing their laptops sa bench ng hallway. Shame, walang bench sa labas ng classroom na ito.

"M."

Napatingin ako kay Z.

"What are you doing here?" I asked pero napatigil ako ng binigyan niya ako ng isang chair sa labas. He left after he placed it behind me.

He didn't say anything afterwards.

Sinundan ko siya ng tingin— he is done with his paper and sat back to his seat.

Umupo ako and watched everyone passed their papers. It's like watching people come and go. That fast.

Nang matapos na ang lahat. Pumasok ako muli at kinuha ang papers.

"Hey, aren't you the sister of the young lad doing drugs?" Someone asked.

"Marcos." Suddenly, Zadist mentioned his name in an authoritative manner. "Leave it."

Marcos guy shrugged and I gulped when I feel like everyone was staring at me. This school will never vote me as an SSC President next year. I give up.

"Teacher wants to see your Class President. Come with me."

I waited for a person to stand up.

Zadist stood up.