Chapter 14

We made a quick stop so everyone can have a quick break. I was watching Addy and Warren talking in a distance when doc came up to me.

" hey kid how's she doing" doc asked.

" she's doing alright. The death was hard for her at first but I can tell she came to terms that she can't change anything" i said to him.

" well that's good but how about you two what's going on with that" doc said.

" us too.. nothing going on with us" i said to doc as addy walked up to us. She put her head on my chest and wrapped her arms around me like a hug.

" mhm kid whatever you say" doc said walking away. I chuckled and shook my head.

" hey you okay" i asked wrapping my arms around her.

" I'm just tired.. I want to take a nap like we did in the woods your comfortable" she said.

" thank you but whenever we actually stop and rest I'll take a nap with you until then car naps it is" I told her. She sighed. " how about this I'll ride in the back with the guys and you can ride up front with Warren like you wanted to by yourself" i said smiling.

" no your sitting up there with me your comfortable remember" she said.

" but you said that-"

" shhhh i said nothing" she said stopping me from talking. I chuckled and kissed the top of her head. She looked up at me and I looked down at her. We started to close the space when a voice stopped us.

" hey you two you ready to go" Warren asked.

" Yep" I said chuckling. She just shook her head and put her head on my chest again. I gave her another kiss on top of her head and we went to the the truck. I sat down first and she sat on my lap and closed the door. I rested my head on her back and relaxed.

We arrived at the place. I helped addy out then got out and shut the door. We walked to the gate.

" You guys harvesters here for the cure?" The guy behind the gate asked.

" Yeah, that's right" Warren said.

" You're armed"

" Uh, yeah" addy said putting her Z whacker on her shoulder.

"Good" he said opening the gate. " Harvesters wait in the garage until you're called. The others inside will give you the rundown" he finished as we walked in.

" You think Murphy's here?" Addy asked.

" Yeah, he's here. I can smell him" warren said.

" I think you're smelling the z weed" doc said.

I went to go say something when we heard yelling. " Help me! Get it off!" We looked into the direction of the scream to see a lady being attacked by vines.

" Somebody help me!" She yelled again. I was the first to run over to her.

Vasquez fired a shot and it didn't work. I grabbed the weapon the lady had and started to beat the zombie head in. Once they cut her free from the fines I was able to destroy the head.

"Hey I thought I told you people to move into the garage where it's safe"

" safety first huh" I said annoyed.

" you got a problem" he said stepping to me.

I was about to clash heads with him when addy put her hand on my chest " Nows not the time save that anger for later when you'll need it" she whispered. I stared him down but stepped back. Doc stepped in front of me.