Chapter 10

Cassandra isn't feeling too well. The cut on her leg is infected Again. We were all taking a break. Murphy was in the truck, 10k was helping Cassandra, warren was contacting Citizen Z, and doc and I were talking.

" Ace kid you think we're ever going to see addy again" doc asked as we were doing look out.

" y/n my name is y/n... and I hope so" i said giving him a small smile. He patted my shoulder. We turned around to see Cassandra throwing up.

" How much gas do we have left?" Warren asked.

" I dunno, half a tank or so" doc said.

" Make it 150 miles?" Warren asked.

" Well if it's mostly downhill. We're real low on ammo too" I told her.

She nodded.

" we have a new destination Fort Collins. There's a lab there and Dr. Merch is waiting for him" she told us.

" warren when we get him there... I'm going back" I said looking at her.

" doc give us a second" warren said. He nodded and walked away.

" Y/n... Go back to get addy?" She asked.

I took a breath. " I'm gonna go back to see if I can get her out of there. She doesn't need to be in that place warren.. you and I both know that there leader is psycho" I told her.

" yeah... but does this also have to do with you having feelings for her" warren asked.

" it does... warren since the apocalypse started besides you and Garnett no one has taken the chance to get to know me. She's done that and help me with my problems that I have deep down, control my emotions, and make me fall for her. I got to go to her. I don't care about What I think Mack's gonna try and do to me or say" I said.

She touched my face. " Hey I know but we can go back for her not just you okay. I don't need us splitting up. It's you and I now no more Garnett"she said nodding her head.

I just nodded. She walked away to go tell Murphy and I just watched. She waved us over to get in the truck. " I'm sorry now warren" I said to myself and jumped in. We got going. Doc was driving and warren,10k, and Cassandra were in the back with me.

" Well, Murphy. I think I'm gonna miss your sorry ass" doc said.

" I appreciate the sentiment" Murphy said.

" We logged some miles together, brother" doc said.

" Amen"Murphy said.

" Starting to feel like a damn family. You know what I'm sayin'?" Doc said. I looked at warren and she grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze.

" Uh, I... I dunno if I've actually ever said this to anybody before But I... I almost consider you a friend"

" Yeah, I don't envy you though, man. I mean, hell, once we deliver you, all bets are off. They're gonna have more needles stuck in you than the damn tomato in grandma's sewing basket" doc said.

"No, they're... they're just gonna take out my..."

"- Oh, trust me, they're gonna have some kind of tube or prod rammed in every spare orifice, or my name ain't Sally. You know this one time I had a catheter. Dude, you better hope they don't go that route" doc said cutting Murphy off

"Doc" said warren said.

" What?"

" How much further?" I asked.

" Uh, I dunno, 65 miles or so. Anyway, I'm gonna miss you, dude" doc said.

" Yeah, right" Murphy said.