230 Vixen Above, Mensao Below (44)

Just as Ye Minzhe was about to return, Song Jia caught a cold.

Ye Minzhe had already finished fighting off the zombie horde in Wuyuan County, so he was on his way back to the Ye mansion. The moment he left the village and caught a signal, he called Song Jia. It was less than a week after he left.

"Jia?"

"I'm here."

Song Jia had just drank a cup of ginger tea to clear her throat, so her voice sounded normal. However, she was currently lying down on the bed with a slight fever. Her hair was plastered to her temples with sweat.

It was only a cold, so she didn't tell the family doctor and the guards Ye Minzhe assigned to her.

Song Jia didn't want them to unnecessarily worry. The main thing was that she didn't want to trigger Ye Minzhe's BT disease and wild ambitions to become a doctor again.

Just remembering how thickly he had wrapped the gauze on her hand last time made Song Jia drink down several bitter medicine pills to recover quickly.

Quickly, quickly, before that brat returns, this grandma needs to recover to her full HP~

Ye Minzhe's voice was low, almost a murmur.

"Jia, I'm coming back."

"I know, I heard from the butler," Song Jia nodded, despite not being able to be seen by the other person. "How did you manage to drive off the zombie horde so quickly? I heard it was supposed to last for more than two weeks."

Ye Minzhe directly ignored her question. "Jia, can we switch to a video call? I want to see your face."

Song Jia glanced at the mirror and saw that her face was a bit pale. Although most people wouldn't notice, she wasn't sure about Ye Minzhe. He always had the uncanny ability to be able to scrutinize even the slightest detail about her.

"I'm busy doing something. You're going to return in a few hours, so why do you need to see my face now?"

Song Jia bit her lip and forced herself to get off the bed. Wuyuan County was only eighty kilometers away from Jingdezhen, so before Ye Minzhe could arrive, she needed to apply make-up to cover her pale face and red nose.

"I miss you. You're lucky you have my statue, you don't have to miss me so much. I only took a few pictures of you, it isn't fair. Every time I look at your face, I started to miss you even more."

Song Jia paused. Ye Minzhe had a poisonous mouth, but he was also sweet when he needed to be. Right now, his voice was slow and deep, with a slight tinge of helplessness.

"Jia, let me see you face, okay? I want to see you."

Song Jia picked up a tube of moisture balm. She needed a glowy coral make-up look that would make her look warm and bright, so she needed to apply this first to have dewy skin.

While patting a sponge on her face to even out her foundation, Song Jia directly refused him, "I'm busy."

She picked up her eyeshadow palette and chose a pale cherry blossom color to brush around her eyes. Blending it with a white eyeliner, her eyes instantly became bluer and brighter.

"Busy? Why? Did something happen?"

Song Jia applied a shade of coral pink with a golden shimmer on her cheeks, brushing it outwards for a subtle flush. It was the last finishing touch to her faux healthy look.

She reassured him, "Don't worry, nothing happened."

On the other side of the phone, Ye Minzhe heaved a deep sigh of relief.