287 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (39)

After eating the breakfast that was cooked by the former Great Demon King, Song Jia continued on taking all challenges from various demons that opposed her reign.

As she sat on the throne, she absentmindedly flicked her fingers to counter the ball of lightning that was flying towards her.

Shua~

With that small gesture, the ball of lightning reversed its trajectory and flew towards the demon who casted it instead.

"Ahhh!"

Boom!

The walls of the chamber shook as the powerful demon slammed against it.

"I already made Jinhai give all of his power to me," Song Jia muttered in a low voice. She tapped her finger against her chin as she thought.

"If I managed to complete the second part of the deal, Nova promised to answer everything that I wanted to know. The problem is, how can I complete it?"

In the background, several gui chai came forward to clean up the mess caused by the fight.

"I can't think of anything," Song Jia sighed. She absently rubbed her stomach. "I'll eat lunch first. Maybe I'll get some ideas by then."

Song Jia felt that she was soon going to turn into a pig. The vengeful reincarnator was gone, she was the most powerful being in the underworld, and Xu Jinhai kept feeding her delicious food. If this kept up, wouldn't she get spoiled rotten by him?

Song Jia headed in the direction of the kitchen, eagerly anticipating the delicious dishes that Xu Jinhai would cook for lunch. Shrimp fried rice, sweet and sour pork, cream cheese wontons...

Song Jia deeply reflected on herself. Well, since it was Xu Jinhai himself who pampered her, then don't blame her for becoming delicate. It was all because of his nonstop indulgence!

Just as she was passing by a hallway, Song Jia heard a pained groan. She saw a group of demons huddling together and felt that there was something wrong going on.

She coldly called out, "What are you doing?"

The group of demons jumped, startled. Their expressions changed from contempt to fear, panic, and resentment. As Song Jia took a step forward, they hurriedly scattered in different directions.

Song Jia allowed them to flee. She had already memorized their faces. Most of them were high-ranking servants in the castle.

As the group of demons broke apart, it revealed a single demon lying curled up on the floor. Song Jia's heart missed a beat.

"Xu Jinhai!"

Xu Jinhai quickly got up to his feet, wiping away the blood that was trickling down the corners of his mouth. He had protected his face, so he shouldn't have any visible wounds.

"Jia, I just got caught off guard right now. Don't worry, I won't let any of them escape. I'll definitely hunt them down tomorrow."

Song Jia pressed her lips together. She had seen the power levels of those demons just now. Even if Xu Jinhai crazily cultivated for a month, he still wouldn't be near to their level.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Song Jia asked.

She thought she been protecting him, but in places that she couldn't see, how long had he been suffering on his own?

"I'm alright." Xu Jinhai reassured her. He showed her his unmarked face and arms. "Do you think those weak demons could lay their hands on me? You underestimate me too much."

He grabbed Song Jia's hand and pulled her towards the kitchen. "You came too early, I haven't finished cooking yet. You usually come at exactly noon, so why were you so early today?"