262 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (14)

In any case, Song Jia had no plans of joining the Great Demon King's conspiracy.

Now that she knew the truth, it just gave her all the more reason not to get married to the Great Demon King. Being dragged into politics would only make it harder for her to find Nova and complete her mission.

Song Jia went out of the room and into one of the busy hallways, trying to find her way out of the castle. She couldn't stay here any longer, it was much too dangerous.

"Jia, I've been looking all over for you!"

A strong hand grabbed her wrist, and Song Jia looked up...only to see the face of the Great Demon King. His eyebrows were knitted close together, his gaze gentle as he looked at her.

"Where did you go? The wedding is going to start in less than an hour. Wait...what happened to your clothes?"

He knelt in front of her and touched the ragged hem of her night gown. All of the passing demons around them couldn't help but stare at his action.

One had to know, as their great ruler, the Great Demon King had never bowed his head towards anyone. But right now, he was kneeling in front of a weak demon, as if the action was completely natural.

Song Jia became uncomfortable with all of their gazes. Did the Great Demon King deliberately do this, so that Yanluo won't doubt about the reason for the sudden wedding? Looking at the concerned expression on his face, not many could tell that it was fake.

"Jia, did someone bully you?" The Great Demon King lifted her up into his arms and covered her exposed legs. He had only left her for a short while, and someone already dared to target her! "Where is that Wen Yu? I told him to protect you!"

"Nobody bullied me."

As they returned back to the Great Demon King's bedroom, Song Jia immediately distanced herself away from him. She was getting more uncomfortable with his burning gaze.

"Then who ripped your clothes? Jia, if someone dares to bully you, you have to tell me immediately!"

Any wounds on him, he could forgive, but any wounds on her, and he would immediately go and kill that person!

"Don't hesitate! Tell me immediately, and I will bully them back for you!"

"Calm down, I already told you that I didn't get bullied." She paused and said, "More importantly, about the wedding..."

At the mention of their wedding, the Great Demon King's mood instantly lightened.

"Don't worry, I already took care of everything. Your wedding dress has also been prepared. Ah...it's fine, I didn't look at it."

The Great Demon King never believed in taboos. Bad omens, superstitions, even deities, he all didn't believe in. But lately, he found out that he was actually an embarrassing person. Towards his wedding day, even a fish that has been cut up wasn't let off. [1]

Of course, there was also a custom he didn't follow, which was not meeting the bride for several days before the wedding date. Not to mention that it was impossible since the wedding was rushed, it was also a tradition that he had no intention to follow.

Not meeting Jia for several days? He wasn't a martyr!

"I don't want to get married."

With the Great Demon King thinking about their wedding, Song Jia's words were like a bucket of cold water being poured over his head.

The Great Demon King froze.

"What?"

"I haven't agreed to get married to you before, and I'm just repeating my position on this. I have no intentions of going through this wedding with you."

Song Jia retreated until her back was against the wall, putting distance between them. She met his eyes.

"I don't want to get married to you. Also...I want to leave the castle."

"Jia..." Seeing how she deliberately put herself far away from him, he felt as if his throat had gone dry and he couldn't speak. "I know...I'm rushing through things. You don't know me yet. It's natural that you don't trust me. But..."

He swallowed.

"But I..." He could see himself reflected in her unwavering gaze, looking nervous and uneasy. He was the Great Demon King, respected and admired by all demons. He lived a life that was impressive and majestic, and the things he wanted, he effortlessly got with confidence. But now, he was so nervous that he couldn't speak the right words.

The Great Demon King's voice trailed off. How could he tell her how he felt when he didn't even understand it himself? Would she believe him?

They've only just met. The most logical thing to do was to wait for her feelings to develop, and then marry her later on. But he didn't know why, he felt that his time with her was fragile. There was an anxiety in his heart that told him she could leave at any moment.

Seeing the Great Demon King's hesitation, Song Jia felt that it was the best time to attack. She repeated her words resolutely. "I want to leave..."

Suddenly, his pupils shrank, and his head jerked up. "No, I won't let you leave me!"

Seeing her startled look, the Great Demon King tried to control his emotions. He breathed hard and said hoarsely, "Jia, I don't like to hear those words." He went silent and continued, "The wedding will continue. I'll have someone deliver the dress here. I'll wait for you at the altar."

He was about to leave when he heard her cold voice behind him.

"Are you going to force me?"

The Great Demon King froze. He clenched his fists, fighting his urge to go back and embrace her. He didn't like fighting with her like this.

But the thought of her leaving him frightened him even more.

He didn't answer but locked the bedroom door shut as he went out. Wen Yu was outside, dutifully waiting for him.

"Find out where Jia went and the people that she met. There's something wrong."

His glacier-like eyes exuded a wintry chill. Jia wasn't hostile to him like this before. Something must have happened to her while he was gone.

Wen Yu bowed his head. "Yes, Your Majesty."

The Great Demon King's aura exploded, filling the whole castle with bloodthirsty malevolence. Some people just knew exactly how to provoke him. This was originally a happy day, which was why he had restrained himself from spilling blood, not wanting to violate any wedding taboos.

But they just had to target his wife.

Since they want to court death and touch his bottom line, then, don't blame him for not showing any mercy.

"Also..." The Great Demon King suddenly stopped. He pressed his lips tightly together, as if trying to suppress something. When he finally spoke, it was in an appallingly quiet tone that almost couldn't be heard.

"The wedding...go ahead and suspend it."

[1] A fish that has been cut up: the Ch. pronunciation for fish '鱼' is synonymous with the character '裕' which means abundance, hence the Chinese believe that it should be served whole with its bones intact and unturned to symbolise a complete beginning and end to the couple's marriage.

2: Underneath A Thousand Skiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें