232 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (54)

Song Jia returned to her bedroom in a dazed state.

She had listened to Nova's explanation, but her mind still couldn't accept it as the truth. For her, everything only happened several months ago.

Nova's explanation seemed to imply that she had been a part of her galaxy's history, all the way to the supermassive blackhole that the planets were currently orbiting. How could an ordinary person like her accept such a ridiculous concept?

Song Jia rubbed her forehead. "I only wanted to earn a decent salary, ah."

Questions still buzzed in her head, and she hadn't even asked Nova about the SSS male god that kept following her around. Song Jia felt that if she asked any more questions earlier, her head would burst. She was afraid that Nova would drop more bombs on her that she wouldn't be able to accept.

Even now, her brain was still in overdrive, coming up with varying conclusions from the information she just learned.

"After Zhao Cheng, I came into Xiang Feng's world...a medieval age that seemed to eerily echo Earth's 12th century. And then I came to what seemed like Earth, in the 21st century."

Song Jia pursed her lips and shook her head.

"No, it really was Earth, before it became known as Yujinxiang. And then a post-apocalyptic version of the 21st century. Nova did mention that the four planetary systems are parallel worlds..."

Song Jia paused. "Yueji, which translates to the word rose. A planet ruled by religion, on whom they worship the golden princess and a war god. Yujinxiang, the rich planetary system where APHI lives in. It also translates to the word tulips. Danshen, which also goes by the other name of red salvia. And Manzusha...whose name and flag translates to red spider lilies. Roses, tulips, red salvias, and spider lilies..."

Song Jia dropped her head in her hands and rumpled her hair in frustration.

"I really should have seen it coming from a mile away!"

It felt as if a flower girl had been leaving a clue trail of flowers for her to follow.

"Ah, I'll just stop thinking about all of this!"

Song Jia threw her hands and gave up.

"What are you going to stop thinking about?"

Song Jia jumped up from her sitting position on the bed, startled. She looked at the door and saw Zhao Cheng. She must be so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn't even hear him come in.

Zhao Cheng was carrying a tray, which he put down on a bedside table. "I've brought you some ginger tea to warm yourself up. What were you thinking so hard about, Jia'er?"

He sat down beside her, putting a hand on her forehead. Satisfied that she didn't seem to be burning up with a fever, he grabbed a blanket and put it over her shoulders.

"Don't tire yourself out and give those problems for me to handle. You were soaked by rainwater today, you should take a rest and sleep."

Song Jia bit her lip and looked away. "I already rested earlier, so I'm alright. Besides...you were soaked by rainwater too."

Zhao Cheng chuckled. "My body can handle it. But I'm still happy to hear that you're concerned about me."

Song Jia stiffened.

"Why are you happy about that?"

Zhao Cheng blinked. "What?"

Song Jia pressed her lips tightly together. After discovering how much she impacted history because of the male god, even the tiniest hints of his affection made her feel edgy.

"Isn't it just a little bit of concern? Why are you happy about that? Any other person will give you the same amount of concern seeing that you soaked yourself with rainwater just to shield them."

Song Jia stood up, feeling suffocated. She started to pace back and forth.

"No, not only that. Why are you being so kind to me? You said I'm the reincarnation of your former wife. What did I ever do in my past life to cause you to be willing to suffer torture for more than a thousand years in the Wangchuang River? I don't think it's worth it at all!"

Song Jia finally looked at him.

One of the main reasons she had stopped asking questions to Nova was because the more she delved deeper, the more she realized how much the male god had sacrificed for her. She didn't think it was worth it. She had never done anything to make anyone love her like that, to love her without any reservations.

If he had loved another person, he wouldn't be so miserable. If he had loved another person, they would be able to return his love, and maybe he wouldn't be tortured through several lifetimes so much.

It wasn't worth it at all.

"It was worth it."

Song Jia stopped pacing. Zhao Cheng stood up, approached her, and cupped her face in his hands.

"Jia'er, it was worth it. My life is yours. Everything I did was worth it because it was you."

He touched his forehead against hers.

"Every time I feel your warmth, it was worth it. Every time I hear your voice, it was worth it." He gently placed her hand over his chest. "This thing beats because you're here with me right now. When you were gone...it was even more painful than being drowned in the Wangchuan River."

He opened his eyes and met her gaze. His eyes were blazing with a dark, fierce conviction.

"Jia'er, I'll do it all over again for you. A thousand times, a million times, I'll do it again. Over and over."

Song Jia met his gaze. "But what if I did something that you'll despise me for?"

Zhao Cheng suddenly threw back his head and laughed, breaking the tense atmosphere between them.

"Jia'er, there's no way I'll despise you. The only worst thing you can do to me is to leave me behind. And even then—"

He smiled, and his smile was sincere and fearless.

"Even then, I'll love you still."

As long as he could be with her, no matter how terrible the trials in between, it didn't scare him at all.