229 Vixen Above, Mensao Below (43)

For the next few days, Song Jia became very busy.

Not only because the Ye estate had to be prepared to accommodate a lot of people, but also because she needed to think of what they would need in the future.

"We can't only require them to bring food. For those with money, we need them to buy as much gasoline as possible. Gasoline stations needs to be refuelled every other day, so gasoline stations would get drained very fast. Cars and other vehicles would be very handy for recon runs..."

Song Jia was wearing a white shirt and a pair of ripped jeans, her hair swept up in a loose bun, loose tendrils framing her face. While she was talking to the butler, she suddenly caught sight of Teacher Gu.

"Teacher Gu!"

Gu Yuan paused. When he saw Song Jia, the corners of his mouth couldn't help but curve upwards.

"Miss Ye?"

"Teacher Gu, I need you to to be the head of the education committee. Could you find other teachers among the future evacuees and set up a plan to teach the young children the basics of their required curriculum?"

Gu Yuan reached out and caught her elbow.

"Miss Ye." Gu Yuan interrupted her. "Aren't you worrying about it too much? Who knows, the government might be able to handle it. I've heard that some countries abroad have started deploying their military forces. I don't think the situation is already that severe."

Song Jia looked at him. She shrugged her arm out of his grip and took a step back.

"Teacher Gu, who do you think my father is? What about my classmates? Have you forgotten what kind of parents they all have? For us to be in this situation right now, you still don't think it's severe? If it's already this bad at the top, then spare some time to think what's happening at the bottom. Being optimistic right now wouldn't help us at all."

Gu Yuan pressed his lips. He met Song Jia's firm gaze and suddenly laughed.

"I haven't forgotten how many times you've saved my life back on the ship by listening to you. Alright, Miss Ye. Just tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it."

Gu Yuan took a step forward, closing the distance between them.

"Miss Ye, about those hurtful things I've said to you before...please forget all about it. I didn't know..." He met her gaze. "I didn't know that you weren't the kind of person that I thought you were."

He slowly raised his hand to tuck the loose strands of her hair behind her ear, but Song Jia stepped back and avoided his touch. Gu Yuan froze.

"Teacher Gu, don't worry about it. I've forgotten everything, including what happened between us. I know now that you were right, that kind of dirty matter, it's better to forget all about it."

Song Jia smiled, and without a change in her expression, she left. As Gu Yuan stared at her back, a voice cut through his thoughts.

"Teacher, between students and teachers, there should still be some distance, right?"

Ouyang Che ambled into view, standing beside Gu Yuan. He put his hands into his pockets and glanced at him.

"I'm sure our honorable teacher isn't the kind of scum to hit on female students."

Gu Yuan met his gaze. "Student Ouyang, please watch your words."

Ouyang Che smiled. "If teacher minds his actions, then I wouldn't have to watch my words."

The two of them held each other's gazes, both with swords drawn and bows bent. In the end, Gu Yuan was the first one to look away.

"You've misunderstood." Gu Yuan stared at Ouyang Che, an indecipherable look flashing across his face. "I don't have any ill intentions towards Miss Ye at all. I wouldn't want to provoke Student Ye. He's a very loving brother towards his sister."