Chapter 7: 'I need to exploit your internet fame and your subscribers'

*song in this chapter on the side :-)*

"Can I borrow your camera thing?  And your YouTube channel?" Freya nonchalantly asks Josh down the phone.

"What? Please explain." He asks, furrowing his eyebrows as he pins his phone between his shoulder and ear and edits a video at the same time.

"For my uni assignment.  I need to record myself doing my song, therefore I need your camera and I need to upload it to YouTube to get feedback, therefore I need to exploit your internet fame and your subscribers to get quick and easy opinions." Josh can imagine her smiling like a small child as she begs for his stuff.

"Okay, just come get the camera and you know my password anyway."

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!"

-------------------------------

"This is too adorable." Tobi laughs out as he helps Freya with the editing of the video she's making.  There's a few clips of her singing her song in it but there is also many cheesy, ironic clips of Josh that match some of the lyrics.  Like a badly looped clip of him opening a door and leaving over and over again.  She wanted it more for the humour but Tobi seemed to think it was 'cute'.  Something that Josh and she weren't at all.  At least she knew that Josh would see the funny side.

"Shut up.  It's not meant to be adorable." Freya grumbles.

Tobi chuckles, "You sound great by the way, I almost forgot how good you sound.  You don't out-of-the-blue sing anymore."

"I do.  Just when I'm on my own." Freya returns, dragging another clip of Josh in.

"Are you gonna record like an end bit?  To tell people what this is?" Tobi asks, taking the mouse off her as she struggles to make the cuts smooth.

"Nope," she chirps, "You are, thanks."

"I didn't agree to this."

"Yes, you did, and I quote, 'If you need help with any of the video, let me know'." Freya mimics in a ridiculously low voice that is so far from Tobi's that she sounds like Brian Blessed.  Tobi is pretty sure that a part of him dies from laughter induced oxygen starvation.

-------------------------------
Video

-------------------------------

This is my love song to you,
Let everybody know I'm yours,

A rather cute image of Freya with Josh in a headlock shows up.

So you can fall asleep each night, babe,
And know I'm dreaming of you more,

This time, a picture of Josh and Freya, both asleep as a cartoon bubble comes from Freya's head with an image of Josh's old Twitter picture in it.

The camera settles on Freya, carefully concentrating on her fingers flowing across her keyboard, for the next part.

You're always hoping that we make it,
You always wanna keep my gaze,
Well you're the only one I see, love,
And that's the one thing that won't change,

For each chorus, it flicks through clips and images. The before mentioned bad loop among them.

I will never stop trying,
I will never stop watching as you leave,
I will never stop losing my breathe,
Every time I see you looking back at me,
And, I will never stop holding your hand,
I will never stop opening your door,
I will never stop choosing you, babe,
I will never get used to you.