"That he wants to forget.", Dean callously answered.

I gave him an acrid smile, "Was it that bad, that he wanted to forget?".

"It was that good that it was too painful to keep."

I wanted to curse the hulk of a man in front of me. Does he always have to be so blunt? If it was that desirable, then why was it left behind? If it was quite distressing, did he really have to pass it on to me?

"So, he has to shove it in my face that I meant a lot but he has to leave me?", my voice started to break as I took the paper inside the box that I knew I didn't give to him and began to unfold it.

"Why did you let him?", he started to humor me.

Because he wanted it. I thought it would make him happy. I always know that his happiness is mine. But, why do I feel empty inside? It's hard to find joy when the one who used to have brought it to you was already out of your life. Did we really have to go through this?

"Why did you let Nong Pharm go?", I wanted to know, maybe by then, I would know what to do.

He gave me a smug look and grabbed the paper to show me the note on the back, "Because I knew he'd come back to me.". 

Khor thot na khap, Hia..

-N

Bastard. How could he just write it on a piece of paper and not apologize straight to my face? I almost crumpled the paper in my hands. Would I have forgiven him if he did? I didn't know. If I didn't end the video call, could he have said it? What would I have done by then?

"Would he come back to me?", I asked my bestfriend for reinforcement.

"There's nothing to go back to, Meung. He was already on his way to you.", he pointed at the paper.

I looked at the piece of paper again. I hoped for it. This was supposed to be the surprise that never happened. I got a different surprise instead. He decided to stray. I knew how to find him, but I wasn't ready on the state that I would be faced with. There's always that uncertainty of being unwanted. I didn't want to be disappointed. If I knew what to expect, then I can prepare for it. What exactly do I need to prepare for? Rejection.

"But, he didn't persist.", I told him.

I laid my hand on the pendant that Nong gave me as a birthday gift. I'm still wearing it. I hadn't had the strength to part with it yet. I twisted my fingers on it and contemplated if I should keep it or bury it inside the box he had left of us. Continuous. How could we continue from here? 

 How could we continue from here?