Luke

"It's her." He said angrily into the open window of the darkened vehicle.

  "Are you certain?"

  "Yes, I'm positive." He confirmed, before storming back in the direction of Katy Reed's nightclub.

  His fists were clenched, his chiseled face unreadable again. Large predatory eyes darted towards the bouncer who unclipped the rope barrier and allowed him into the nightclub ahead of the hundreds of waiting patrons.

  Moments later, Luke stood at the bar sipping his scotch on ice, ignoring the many admiring glances in his direction. He frowned, recalling the moment the girl fearlessly approached him in the alleyway. He was certain she had known he was waiting for her, yet she was neither afraid nor was she surprised. The girl was genuinely just curious.

  What had him totally rattled, was that moment she touched his face. She was so tiny, she had to stand on her toes. Yet, in that moment, and for the first time in his life, he felt completely powerless. While she was touching him, staring at his face with those big, curious blue eyes, his ever present thirst disappeared and was replaced by a hunger he had not felt for a very long time.

  Luke had never experienced that feeling before. Feeling vulnerable. He swallowed his drink in one gulp and forced himself to regain his regal composure. He made eye contact with a couple of girls at a nearby table. He watched as they whispered to each other, deciding on who would be the lucky girl to have him. He smiled in satisfaction when they both approached him...

   The blacked out Hummer followed Carla's car at an inconspicuous distance as she

drove towards her house which was located on the outskirts of the city. Parked a safe distant from their house, Slade sat patiently in the driver's seat, watching the two young women let themselves into their home.

  Even from inside his vehicle, he could hear Katy Reed talking loudly, despite the lateness of the hour. He nodded when the cat flap opened and Carla Reed's large Russian Blue cat strode majestically into the night air. Slade stepped into the street as the curious cat approached him, purring, rubbing himself against Slade's legs in a familiar manner.

  "Nice kitty." Slade whispered, reaching down and lifting the cat into his arms. He carried him to the Hummer and opened the boot, gently placing the large cat into the waiting enclosure. Slade closed the boot and walked silently towards the house.

  Moments later the cat flap opened and the family pet reentered the house. He followed the sound of the women up the stairs. The cat stood in Katy's doorway, meowing.

  "I can't believe she's leaving us to fend for ourselves Milo, for an entire month! That's like, child and animal abuse." Katy said, pouting as she prepared for bed.

  "Firstly, you're not a child, you're twenty one. And secondly, you're the one who keeps insisting you're a strong, independent city woman. Here's your chance to get a taste of that freedom you've always wanted." Carla replied from the other end of the hallway.

  He watched while the younger sister stepped out of her mini skirt and climbed into bed wearing the same blouse she wore to work. Even half asleep, Katy Reed was still talking. The cat then made his way toward the master bedroom, jumped up onto the bed, spinning in a circle twice before laying down at the foot of the bed. The Russian Blue sat looking towards the bathroom.

  He could see Carla in the reflection of the mirror. She was deep in thought. Still unable to explain away the event in the alleyway. She shook her head and frowned to herself.

  Carla piled her raven hair in a bun on top of her head, then proceeded to remove her makeup. Before finally lifting her dress off over her head. Purring loudly, the cat sat patiently and waited for his owner to join him. Seconds later, Carla Reed switched off the bathroom light but not before the cat caught a glimpse of her walking into her darkened bedroom wearing only bra and panties. She approached the cat, still frowning.