Chapter 28: Rings and Promises

Start bij het begin

***
The first month of school had passed since the Holidays. Draco and I were back to our usual selves, I spent most my time with him and the group of Slytherin boys. Goyle and Blaise were still together, both of them out to everyone and happy in their relationship. Crabbe was starting to develop a crush on one the Ravenclaws, Cho Chang.

I was still spending some of my time with the Gryffindor group of boys I now call some of my closest friends. The Slytherin boys weren't exactly happy with the friendship, with the blood prejudice that is still about but I think they're starting to warm up to the boys. Goyle and Blaise and Seamus and Dean have planned to go on a double date.

That leads us to now; the first weekend of February. The air is starting to get warmer, the snow melting away with the coming spring. The group of boys had just left for their date in the three broomsticks. Crabbe had bucked up the courage to ask Cho Chang out as well, so they were off on a separate date. Leaving us; Draco and myself.

The sun was beaming down on the hill to the black lake, every so often there would be a slight gust of wind nipping at our cheeks. We sat looking out across the Black lake, watching how the waves were soft but still fierce.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I asked softly looking at Draco who seemed to be intently thinking. "I was just considering something." He told me, his voice not entirely focused. We looked out towards the Black lake.

"You know I'd never intentionally hurt you. Don't you?" He asked looking at me. I turned to him, he had a slight blush on his cheeks. "I know. Whats up Draco?" I said confused.

"I want to ask you a question, Luce. You can say no, of course. But, first I need to know that you know I would never intentionally hurt you." He said with a serious face. I held his large hands in my small ones and gave him a reassuring smile. "I know Dray. What did you want to ask?"

"Willyoubemygirlfriend!" He blurted out blushing. I chuckled at his fast speech. "I'm sorry, Draco. A bit slower so I actually understand." I said with a giggle.

"Will you do me the honours of being my Girlfriend?" He asked, still blushing. I smiled widely and through my arms around his neck. "Yes, yes, yes! Of course I will." I said happily.

He wrapped his arms around my waist chuckling, sounding relieved. "There's something else, Luce." He said laughing.

I pulled away and sat back down next to him blushing at my reaction. "Sorry." I said trying to hide my embarrassment. "Its fine, I'm glad you said yes. I was so nervous." He said blushing. "You, Draco Malfoy, hot shot Slytherin Prince, was nervous?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes and if you ever tell anyone I will have to kill you!" He said in a joking tone, pointing his finger. "Of course, of course." I said with my hands up in surrender.

We both burst into laughter at the situation.

"What was the other thing?" I asked after I composed myself. "Well, I- I want to give you my ring." He said blushing once again.

I felt my cheeks instantly heat up and Draco noticed as he quickly stated "not as in marriage, Luce. No, not yet." I sighed in relief but kept my blush at his 'not yet'.

"I promise you with my ring that I'll never hurt you again." He stated after holding my left hand in his and putting his ring on my middle finger. It was a perfect fit.

I threw my arms around him once again. "Thank you so much, Draco!" I exclaimed as he hugged me back.

"I love you, Luce." He blurted out. I pulled back slightly as he tensed at his own words. His eyes were wide.

"I love you too, Dray." I said. We both leaned in and for the first time in a while, shared a kiss full of passion.

***

Another month had passed leading us into a warmer March. Everything was well. The groups and their relationships were going great and more often than not the Gryffindor group and Slytherin group would merge into one. This was a good thing, prejudices were starting to fade away and friendships were starting to form.

Of course, not everything could go well though. Umbridge was still our headmaster and her group was still hanging out punishments. Not all things change, the group of Slytherin boys and some had joined that group. Draco had asked me to join and that leads us to now.

"Dray, I really do not like that woman!" I exclaimed as we walked to DADA. "I know that Luce but it means extra house points and we really need them. We aren't doing great in Quidditch at the moment and we're not going to get the house cup again!" He whined.

"Ugh! Fine, Draco! But, if she passes me off, I'm quitting!" I told him sternly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He exclaimed whilst wrapping his arms around me.

"Yeah, yeah. I know I'm amazing." I bragged.

The lesson didn't drag as long as usual that day, I didn't do the actual work we were told to do because I had already notarised the whole text book months ago but it did give me some time to draw some clothes designs I had been thinking about.

At the end of class when everyone had left Draco dragged me to see Umbridge in her office.

"What can I do for you today, Mr Malfoy?" She croaked in her fake voice when we stepped in. "Actually, its Luciana who wanted to see you Proffesor." Draco said smirking.

I gave him a quick glare before stepping forward. "Good afternoon Proffesor." I said with a fake smile. Hers faltered for a second before speaking. "What is it you would like, Ms Jones?."

"I would like to join the Inquisitorial Squad!" I said as nicely as I could. "And why would I let that happen when you can't even concentrate in my classroom?" She asked in her screechy tone.

"Professor, with all due respect there's no need! I already know everything!" I said smugly. "Well, that is unlikely. But, even if so, you need to have the work from the textbook done!" She croaked out, turning red from what I assume is her anger.

"Already have!" I chirped innocently. She scoffed in response so I pulled out my muggle folder that was filled with all my notes about the textbook as well as some from books I found in the library. "See!" I said whilst handing her the folder.

She flipped through it whilst scanning all of the pages, her expression seemed to show anger and defeat causing my smirk was growing at her defeat.

"Right, very well, you may join!" She croaked whilst handing me the folder that I slipped back into my bag. "You must report back to me if there are troublemakers. They will be punished severely. I'm sure you understand." She told me with her own smirk. Yeah, I knew exactly what she meant by that.

"I promise!" I said with a fake smile whilst crossing my fingers behind my back.

"Well, I think dinner has started. I'll see you both soon." She said as she waved to the door for us to go. "Goodbye, Proffesor." I said with a grin.

As Draco and I were walking to dinner i still had a smirk on my face.

"You never cease to amaze me, Luce." Draco said as he shook his head. "I know I'm brilliant like that, you see!" I said giggling causing Draco to shake his head silently.

***

I feel maybe this might have been a lot for one chapter but it was all needed, I think.

I've finished the plan completely for this book now, after many many changes and decisions. There's going to be about 35 chapters in total and it's going to be a 1 book thing not a series.

P.S. If you follow my wattpad insta I'll be posting about my books on there (when I actually remember).

The name is: wattpad_writer_x

If you want a follow back just put a comment here with your username and I will >>>

Anyways, until next time.
Jordan x