Not so unfamiliar

Voights POV
He stood outside Ivys room waiting for will to come out so he could go in and see her, his mind was all over the place, flashbacks of Erin before she left - her feisty character, her blue eyes, her ivory skin, her will to survive, she was just like ivy. 5 minutes passed before will came out and gave him the go ahead to walk in, he took a deep breath and turned back to his unbothered manner and stepped into the door frame smiling at the pair chatting away. Ivys eyes looked confused but at ease, he smiled at jay who pointed to a chair in the corner. After looking at ivy in approval for him to join them, she nodded, he dragged the chair and sat on the other side of the bed. "I don't believe we've met?" She smiled, "not formally I don't believe, I'm Voight, hank voight. Sargent at the 21st district" he introduced himself chuckling away. She looked back to jay giving him the I still don't know him smile before he laughed, "he's my boss, he's the one in charge of us all, he was the main man in getting you back safe" jay confirmed before exchanging glances between voight and ivy smiling away to himself. Ivys eyes softened in appreciation before looking up at hank with tears forming in her eyes. "Thank you so much! I don't know how to repay you?" She sniffled. "No need to repay me kiddo, just doing my job!" He reassured her before looking in jays direction. "A word outside jay?" He offered before jay furrowed his eyebrows in confusion "yeah sure sarge.." he unwillingly left with hank.

Ivys POV
All three of them were giggling away talking about anything and everything, she smiled gratefully towards both of them, "A word outside jay?" Hank offered before jay furrowed his eyebrows in confusion "yeah sure sarge.." they both left and She sank back into her bed burying her head further into the pillow before staring blankly into the corner again.

Jays POV
He was confused but he followed suit behind hank. "What's up sarge?" He shivered. "Lukas, he fled to New Zealand" jay stared at him wondering why he needed to know that, "jay the case isn't ours anymore, he's gone" his face filled with rage before he punched the wall and left to go get a coffee. Hank stared at him with pity and let him take a minute before getting back to ivy. "I need a second, I'll be back soon" jay chimed up breaking the silence. "No worries kiddo I'll be with ivy, don't be too long" hank understood. Jay still had no clue why hank was being so drawn into ivy, it was like he was looking after Erin again.

Ivys POV
It was at least 5 minutes since the boys had left and she was getting worried, she let a tear stroll down her face at the thought of being left alone again. Something about hank made her feel safe, he was like a perfect dad anyone could ask for, protective, kind, caring and most of all present. She collected herself once again before being startled by the door clicking shut. "Hey kiddo what's wrong?" Hank ushered her to calm down, "sorry, it's just you remind me of someone I used to know", he smiled at the thought of his familiarity before he sat down taking her hand in his. "Really kiddo?" He was intrigued. "Yeah, um, this may sound weird but you remind me of a dad." He tilted his head wondering why she said a dad rather than her dad. She picked up on his confusion and muffled a laugh through her sobs, "I said a dad rather than my dad because, well let's just say my dad was never around." Silence, hanks heart shattered not only did he feel a connection to her she just admitted she viewed him as a father like figure even if they'd only just met. "You know kid you're not so unfamiliar yourself, I had a daughter, her name was Erin Lindsay she had the same blue eyes and feisty personality you have" her eyes widened and a grin spread across her face as she realised they were going to get along just fine. By this time jay had appeared back at the door and his tall muscular body blocked the view through the glass, hank got up to join him after giving her a big hug.

Jays POV
He gathered himself together again and left with three coffees before heading back to Ivys room but before he could enter he noticed hank and ivy looked rather happy and emotional, after sharing a big hug they both spotted jay staring at them so hank left to explain. "Hey sarge what was that about?" He said smiling. "Oh hey jay, I mean she told me I reminded her of a father but not hers since he was never there. So I told her why I was so engaged in the case.." jay stared once again looking for him to continue. "It's Erin isn't it?" They both looked to the floor as jay clocked on, "yeah kiddo it is, she's like her double, the eyes, the urge to fight and the situation" jay smiled in pity as he knew it was still hard on hank even though jay had painfully moved on. Both of them let out a chuckle as they turned to look back through the windows to see ivy asleep again. Hank had to get back to the unit but jay stayed right by her side. "Oh hey sarge, don't forget your coffee!".