A new feeling

Ivys POV
It was 17:15 pm and eventually two detectives from the intelligence unit made their way over to her before they took a seat on the bench about 2 metres away from her. Ivys eyes automatically jumped onto the male detective sat in front of her as she blocked out the female detective sat next to him, they both locked eyes and gave each other a quick smile before turning their interest back to the situation. "Hi I'm detective Upton and this is my partner detective Halstead. But you can call us hailey and jay" the female detective spoke out trying to gain Ivys focus which had hazed back onto the body. Snapping out of her trance Ivy finally answered back, "I'm Ivy Kate but you're can just call me Ivy" she replies with a somber tone knowing she would have to relive that dreadful moment. The male detective which she now knew as jay halstead gave her a reassuring smile as he picked up on her expression change. They chatted for about half an hour as Ivy told them how she was out on her daily walk when it was disrupted by the man and how she ended up sat on the damp wooden bench talking to them. As it reached the 18:00pm point and the crime scene was still active Ivy began to doze off on the bench as she wasn't cleared to go home yet since they needed to check out CCTV footage from the street lamps and give her an alibi to prove she didn't do this and make a story to cover up her tracks, her day wasn't even over yet she felt like she spent a life time in that park.

Jays POV
The intelligence team were all aware of how long Ivy had been sat at that bench, even long before intelligence or the crime lab got there. Jay knew they couldn't keep her there all night so he gave her a coffee to keep her awake just a little while longer until she was cleared to go back home. He hadn't felt anything towards a girl since Erin left to go to New York, not even for his partner hailey, but when he locked eyes with Ivy he knew she sparked something inside of him and he couldn't keep his eyes off of her even though she was unaware of him staring. It was roughly 18:00pm and the team had little to no evidence that there was a man dressed in all black who dumped the body, as much as the team wanted to send Ivy home they still needed to get her an alibi and find something. Jay had noticed Ivy drifting off into a nap resting her pale and washed out face against the bench, she looks she pretty is all he could think; he made his way over to Ivy with his police jacket and placed it gently on top of her before brushing the stray hairs off of her face being careful not to wake her before he joined the team again to finish up.

  Jay had noticed Ivy drifting off into a nap resting her pale and washed out face against the bench, she looks she pretty is all he could think; he made his way over to Ivy with his police jacket and placed it gently on top of her before brushing...

*sorry about the long paragraphs coming up I just needed to get the story line and create Ivy and jays introduction :)*