𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

ARTEMIS'S POV.

Dad stared at me like he has seen some ghost. Demitri was trying hard to keep a still face, but I knew there were millions of questions going on in his mind. Ace had tears on his face. Giovanni had a mixed expression on his face. Saying the twins were more than astonished would be an understatement. Kade looked like the world had been swept of his feet.

Taking the drag of the new one, I continued.

"On my 13th birthday, we had a party in honor of me. At the evening, we were informed that I.... had visitors... When we reached the meeting area... I found Penelope and Brooke waiting for me.... After an hour long meeting between The Styles and CG, I was given a choice to go away with The Styles or stay with CG. I chose to stay with CG. CG was very happy. To celebrate it, we all flew to Italy, for a vacation. I then spent another year with them. We were one happy family. But you know there's this saying.." I look around and take another drag.

"Happiness doesn't last long. The same happened with me. For Allegra's 14th birthday and A's 18th birthday, which was on the same week we insisted on going to a beach resort in England, to celebrate their birthdays. While we were there, some of CG's enemies attacked on us. CG's wife was severely injured while fighting. Luckily we all along with a few bodyguards, were able to fight them to death. After this incident, CG concluded that it would be better if I fly back to California and stay with The Styles. I was asked to never contact them again for my safety, and they would do the same. After that I was back with P and Brooke, who sent me to a boarding school where Bexley was already stuyding along with Kade. Here Kade helped me master my knife skills. So he knows about it." I take a last drag before I flip it into the ash tray.

"So, that is why you made me find the best knife set in the entire continent." Gianni asked turning to his younger brother.

"Yup, and you imported it from Italy." Kade replied.

I ignore there talks and walk towards the exit, only to be tackled into a hug from all my brothers. Gianni and Kade too this time.

"I'm sorry, Fiore. We weren't there for you. To hold you when Mom died in your arms." Demitri spoke through glistening eyes. His orbs changed to lighter shade of green. This was the first time I had seen tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Artemis. We weren't there when you had to bury mum in a casket, all own your own." Ace continued, tear markes on his cheek, old ones and new.

"I'm sorry, Stella. We weren't there for you during your lowest point in life" Giovavnni added. His eyes, threatening to pour out tears.

"We are sorry Missy, we couldn't do anything" the twins added together. I hugged them all until we heared a someone clear there voice. All of us stood up and looked to see dad standing in front of us all. He shot a look at the boys and the next thing I know, its only the two of us in his office. He walked towards the sofa and motioned me to come near him. I walked and sat beside him. He wrapped his arms around me protectivly.

"Princess... I am just as sorry as the others for what happened to you.. but what has happened cannot be undone. Right?" He asked me as I leaned into him, placing my head on his chest.

He was right, also I didn't want to change what happened, even if I could.

"Right dad" I spoke just above a whisper.

"Artemis... I know how it feels to bottle up your emotions... Trust me.. it eats you from the inside..." He spoke. I knew very well what he meant.

"I'm here for you... You can let out all your emotions princess... Shout, cry, fight, break things... Do anything but take out your emotions." He had to finish his sentence and I felt this urge to let out my tears. I let them fall from my eyes because I didn't have anymore strength or energy in me to fight back. Sooner or later I started feeling drowsy and let darkness consume me.

NICKOLAI'S POV.

Saying it hurt me looking at my daughter reveal her past would be an understatement. What hurt more was how she revealed everything without sheading a single tear. I knew she was bottling up her feelings, to show us that she was strong.

I couldn't believe what my baby had gone through all these years. Burying her own mother on her own, with no one beside her.

Who is this CG who helped her so much? I have to meet him.

***

I felt my shirt soaked with my baby's tears. Her grip on my shirt still tight. I looked down at her to see her asleep.

I look clearly at her face. She looked exhausted and drained out. I then picked her up in my arms and headed out of my office. The boys were still outside the room. They were shocked tk see their sister in my arms.

"Is she okay?" Demitri asked.

"Yes boys... She is asleep. I want you all to get some sleep too... Gianni... Kade... Crash here tonight..." I say looking at them. I then turn to Kade. "She might need a friend by her side when she wakes up" kade nods and I then walk into Artemis's room and lay her down. As I try to move I see her hold on my shirt still tight. Giving in, I scoot in to my daughter's bed, sleeping with her secure in my arms.

ARTEMIS'S POV.

I wake up in the morning to see dad sleeping beside me. No wonder I didn't have nightmares.

I hop into the bathroom and do my business. While brushing, the pendant of my necklace falls out of my top.

I take it in my hands and outline it. I stare at it as memories begin to flow in front of my eyes like a movie.

-----------------------------------------------

Hey!

Surprise! Surprise!
New chapter!

So, how did you like this chapter?

Views on Artemis's past?

Until then,
Toodles!

-Sarah-