𝚃𝙴𝙽

Recap:

Artemis felt a kind of relief within herself that she hadn't failed her mother today.

She looked up to see all the Russo men digging into their food. She also continued with hers.

Demitri was the first one to get up from the table.

"I'm not done.... Yet, Brother" Artemis spoke. Her voice laced in authority and asserted dominance.

Present:

THIRD PERSON POV.

The last Russo was so much like them but at the same time wasn't.

Demitri took his place back on the table.

"What is it Princess?" Nickolai asked his last one.

"All the time I've lived here, with you all. I've come to know one thing.... You all hate mom...." She started, but Demitri interrupted by standing up. The last Russo glared at the first One.

"Demitri... Sit down" Nickolai ordered and he unwillingly did so.

"You hate her for taking me away from all of you. For leaving 5 kids and a husband alone. You see her as a selfish woman." Artemis took a deep breath.

She then took out an envelope from her pocket, the same one she spent the entire day thinking about.

"She left this for you.... Dad. I haven't read it, because it was meant for you." Artemis said looking at her father, who's eyes travelled from her face to the envelope she was holding.

"I found this when I was going through her stuff. I've kept it close all these years." Artemis added, before She walked to the father and handed him the wax sealed envelope with an 'N' embossed like a seal on the wax.

To,
My savior, my best friend, the father of my sons and daughter, the love of my life, my husband.

"You put your faith in me, and believe me when I say , I didn't break it."

This is what was written on the letter. Nickolai looked at all his children who were now around him, waiting for him to open the letter.

***

Nickolai had silent tears trickling down his cheeks as he finished reading the letter of his late wife. He was angry at her, but at the end of the day, he loved her from the bottom of his heart. And now, now he held the last words his wife will ever speak to him of on paper. This was the first time he had whole heartedly shown his emotions.

The boys in all regretted hating their mother all these years, while she was doing it for their safety and benefit

And Artemis? She is a different story in herself.

ARTEMIS'S POV.

I took backward steps in horror as Dad finished reading the letter. Realisation dawning upon me. I started to feel my breathing go uneven and get heavy. I knocked down a vase in the process, grabbing everyone's attention. "No... No, no, no!!!" I screamed. My eyes met with Giovanni's. Black spots coming in and going in front of my eyes. He said something but I couldn't make out what. The black spots were now prominent, hindering my vision. I squinted my eyes before darkness consumed me and I felt my whole world turn upside down.

I'm coming... Mom... I'm coming back to you...

-----------------------------------------------

HELLO PEOPLE!!

I hope you all are doing good.

❓Question of the Day ❓
Favorite subject?

Until then!
-SL ❤️