Chapter 126 Trial By Fire

Start from the beginning

The copy of Natsu ignites both hands in flames and then brings them together, creating a giant flame that he hurled at Kyoya. Seeing this, Kyoya released a large amount of magic power as he looked at the attack. When the attack got close, Kyoya opened his mouth as he began to eat the copy's flames. After he was done, he quickly rushed towards the copy.

"Fire Dragon's Grip Strike!!!!!"

When Kyoya rushed to Natsu's clone, he got a hold of his face with his right hand

When Kyoya rushed to Natsu's clone, he got a hold of his face with his right hand. Whilst giving his right arm support with his left arm, Kyoya releases a vast amount of explosive flames at point-blank range, burning the copy.

"Wait a minute! That blast just now.....that felt just right for me. I'm not use to raw power, but that strike felt right. Blasting my opponent with powerful flames. I'm no slouch, but I can't hope to be as physically strong as Asta and Captain Yami yet I make up with versatility and high magic power. Alright.....time for an experiment."

"Fire Dragon's Roar!!!!!!!!"

The copy of Natsu takes a deep breath, gathering flames in the process, and then release such fire in a large burst as he aimed the attack in Kyoya's direction

The copy of Natsu takes a deep breath, gathering flames in the process, and then release such fire in a large burst as he aimed the attack in Kyoya's direction. Seeing this, Kyoya puts both of his hands forward as he launched a giant blast of flames towards the attack.

While the two attacks cancelled each other out, Kyoya was sent flying backwards from the force of his own attack. As he got up, he began to think about something. That attack felt like it was missing something. He needed something to make that attack just now his own. As he remembered when he used the Grip Strike spell, he remembered why he wasn't blown back.

"Support! I grabbed his face with my attacking arm then I used my other one to support it. I need support to keep my balance while launching the attack."

As Kyoya was thinking this, he soon puts his right arm behind him as flames of a lighter color were being released from his right hand. However, a large amount of flames and mana was being gathered in his left hand. As the copy of Natsu was charging forward, Kyoya was ready to try out this technique. However, unknowingly to Kyoya, the flames in his left hand were a darker color as the mark on his left arm started to glow as more flames were being released. Not only that, his left eye became the color red with a cross slit pupil at the center, resembling a dragon's eye.

"Fire Dragon's....X-Burner."

~With Echidna~"That moment

~With Echidna~
"That moment.....that one moment, Kyoya did it. He drew upon the true nature of the magic he inherited from E.N.D, the power....of a Fire Dragon King."

Echidna couldn't help but smile. For Kyoya to have Fire Dragon Slayer Magic given to him was already amazing, but for him to be able to gain access to that certain power was something even she couldn't predict.

"Well then, it looks like he'll reach that level soon. This training will help you reach it. Fire Dragon King Mode."

~Meanwhile~
Inside the home of an abandoned noble family, there were two men fighting. One was in his Devil Union form and the other one had just used up all his strength as he held the katana his captain gave to him. Soon the one with his Devil Union form still intact thought to himself.

"He intentionally avoided hitting me directly. The union on my arm has become undone, even though he didn't touch it. He also erased my magic, which lacked any substance, and mana zone at that. Anti-magic....I knew it. If he uses that at full power then he will be the strongest."

"I lose."

As Nacht said those words, Asta and his devil Liebe were relieved to hear this news. When Asta suggested that they'd hurry to go rescue Yami, Nacht quickly told him no.

"W-why not?! Liebe and I managed to use Devil Union!!!!"

"Tell me Asta, how would Kyoya Fullbuster react if you asked him the same thing?"

"Hmmmm....."

As Asta was thinking about what Kyoya would say, he felt a shiver down his spine. He could imagine the ice mage smiling while having an evil aura around him.

"Oh, you want to fight against devils with a power that you barely managed to hold together. No way in hell you'll survive. Get good or else i'll kill you myself."

"I-.........think he'd agree with you Nacht."

".....using Shadow Magic, I watched you and the other Black Bulls. You were born without magic, accidentally possessed by a devil, and toyed with by unforgiving fate. Kyoya was robbed of a home and only knew of loss. But....you and him were always right. I said that people that were right weren't necessarily rewarded. However.....I would like them to be!"

As Nacht said this, he began to walk away as he left one of his devils, Gimodelo, to help Asta master his new ability. While Nacht walked away, a smirk appeared on his face.

"We'll do the best we can until you and Kyoya get there. Until then, polish that ability up and come join us!!!"

"Vice Captain Nacht.....Yes sir!!!!!!"

~At the Royal Capital~
As Nacht arrived at the destined meeting place, he saw the people before him all ready to go. Soon a smile was on his face as he looked at the people he would work with.

 Soon a smile was on his face as he looked at the people he would work with