Chapter 2: Ice Cream

I ran down my road unable to stop myself. Everything just seemed so perfect. After 5mins of walking i was home. Well im going to need to fix that ladder some day, it's falling apart, I thought as i started to climb up. The screeches of the wood were so annoying as i made it to the top. I walked inside and turned to my left. There was a hat stand there with 2 hats. A snow cap for winter and a baseball cap fore every other season.

    I grabbed the baseball cap and placed it on my head. I pulled my hair threw the little space that girls normaly put thier ponytails into. After that i took of my bag and opened it up. Taking out 10 of the original 20$ that were in my bag. Walking over to my bed i opened the shades to my window to get more light in the room.

  There, now i can see. I bent down and stuck my hand under my bed. Searching around for a bit untill i found a box. opening it up a placed the 10$ in and slid it back under my bed. I learned that not taking all your money to town is a good idea after the first time i went. That place is crawling with thieves, I thought as i headed out the door.

    The forest air hit my face with its warm yet cold feeling. Again i climbed down the annoying wooden ladder and walked down the road. Finally making it to the fork in the road to meet everyone but no one was there. Weird normaly im last. Must be early this time, my house is the closest to the 'fork', i thought looking around. I took out my ipod and started to play clash of clans and other little apps like that.

   To my left i heard somehthing. I spun to see Dark and Amber wearing there hats and caring there bags. " There you guys are. I was starting to worry," I said as i walked over to them. Dark smiled a bit. " Sorry, Light texted me saying he was going to wear a sunbero so me and Amber had to talk him out of that," Dark exclaimed. " A sunbero?! What the....," I started to say but was cut off by Claw and Light who had just arived.

     Claw had hid his wings under a soccer sweat shirt and thankfuly Light wasn't wearing a sunbero. Instead he was wearing a winter hat for some reason i did not want to adress. " Shall we go. I hear there's a new frozen yogert place in town," Claw siad walking over to us. " Wait a sec. Claw YOU said ice cream. Frozen yogurt is not the samething," Light whined.

 Sighing Claw shook his head. " Does it matter," he asked with an annoyed look on his face. Light shut up after that and we made our way to town. Every thing was busy there i couldn't see how normal people could stand it. We went to block to block. Corner to corner. Street to street. Finally making it to a place called Icy cuties.

   " Gotta love the name," Light said with a chuckle as he opend the door into the place. It was freezing in thier as Amber closed the door. Now i know why Light brought the snow cap, I thought as i started to shiver. We headed to the counter and order the frozen yogert. I got chocolate with no toppings but everyone else was lodded with awesome treats.

   "So do we eat out side or go home?," Amber asked as we headed out the door. " Home please. I can't stand this place. It smells horrible," I said as a car drove by. The gas coming from it smelled as if a dead fish had crossed with a crap ton of garbage and Lights tuna fish sandwich. "Agreed, can't stand all these smells. Lets head back," Dark said as she lead us home.

    We made it home and everyone had already finished there treat except me and Claw. Just can't eat with all those smells around, I thought to my self as we made it to the forest. The lovely smell of leaves was in the air and all the flowers too. We made it to the fork and we all went our seperate ways. I AGAIN climbed up the annoying ladder and up into my house.

   I opened up a small window in my room and climbed out onto a branch. the moon was full and it was the perfect time to be out. yawning i started to eat my icecream or 'frozen yogert'. Most of it was melted but it still tasted fine. I was sitting there for about an hour when i heard a voice. " Your still up? Did you have a bad dream?," a voice asked. I looked up to see Claw standing on the branch above me.

   " Claw.. W-what are you doing here?," I asked as he climbed down and sat beside me. He gave me his tiny little smile as he looked up at the sky. " just out for a midnight flight. You?," he asked turning to me. I shrugged. " Im not scared just not sleepy. Ya know," I said shyly. I couldn't help it. He was here sitting next to me. He was so nice.

   " Did you hear Light was trying to were a sunbero to Icy cuties," Claw laughed. "Ya i know! That's so like him though," I chuckled. For the rest of the night it was just me and him. Smiling and laughing under the full moon. The forest air surrounding us. We were home. I was surrounded by people who cared or at least the sort of did. I was in the forest where i belonged.

   But of course nothing good can last forever....