The Day Care Center

Start from the beginning

"Dad!" Missy had tears falling from her face.

"I'm sorry, Honey," He apologized before jumping into the aliens hands, not being able to land a single punch before the Heroics were officially and utterly eliminated as threats to the new incoming alien species.

Missy sunk back into her seat as the reporters seemed shocked and upset at the Heroics sudden demise. But every kid in the room could only think about the family that was taken away from them in less than 10 minutes.

The woman reporter announced that the President would like to address the nation. I sighed, that lunatic, he shouldn't have even got past the primaries.

"People of America, as you have witnessed, the heroics have been captured, military forces are stepping in, to bring our heroes back. But all looks rather hopeless... bad... it's hopelessly bad," He began.

"How did this guy get to be president, he can't even put 2 sentences together," Face Maker insulted. I nodded in agreement.

"We have just received a letter from the supreme commander of the aliens, that has been decoded. It reads,

We are from the planet Ogemon unfortunately we have no choice but to prepare you for take over. Please comply, or else Earth will be destroyed. You have 3 hours,

I'm afraid that was the entire message, there are no heroes left, God Save Us All," The stupid president of the united states finished.

"Children," We all jumped, "For your safety, we are going into full lockdown, no one leave your seats, as long as you stay where you are, you are all safe," Ms. Granada ordered. The T.V. lifted back into the ceiling.

"What? They can't protect us from that, we just saw it!" Noodles exclaimed.

"You got a better idea?" Wild Card sarcastically asked, I rolled my eyes.

"I think we should do what Ms. Granada says," Guppy resigned.

"Uh... Pardon Me but..." Missy tried to grab the room's attention. I felt bad for her, she was new, had no powers, and her dad had just betrayed her promise.

"My dad's face will haunt me forever," Face Maker admitted and then made a weird face.

"What do they want from us?" Acapella asked.

"Do you think our parents are okay?" Rewind worried.

"Uh... Excuse me," Missy called again.

"What?" Wild Card sounded annoyed.

"We need to leave this room, right now," Missy announced.

"Why?" Guppy wondered.

"Because... the aliens know where we are and they're coming for us next," Missy answered.

Face Maker made a confused and surprised face while I stifled my giggles.

"How could you possible know that?" Wild Card questioned.

I stood up and walked over to Ojo. 

"Can I borrow this for a minute?" I asked politely. She nodded while the others, besides Missy, were in shock at the sound of my voice. I took the tablet and started showing them Ojo's drawings.

"Ojo drew these, Face Maker standing on the floating chairs. Noodles smashing the exercise ball," I gave examples.

"So she draws what she sees, big deal," Wild Card tried to keep the surprise out of his voice.

Missy walked up to me and I handed her the tablet.

"But she drew these 5 minutes before they happened. Ojo's superpower isn't that she can draw, she can draw the future," Missy went further as I sat down next to her, now vacant, chair.

"Okay, good for Ojo. What's your point?" Wild Card pressed.

"She also drew these alien creature breaking into this very room," Missy said, stone faced. There were purple tentacles coming in from the green fan that was right above the snack bar.

"Woah... are you saying their going to be coming in through there," Noodles gasped.

"She's right, all these drawings suddenly make perfect sense," Wheels had taken the tablet and made his observation.

"Let me get this straight. Some new girl shows up with absolutely zero powers and suddenly we are going to do what she says," Wild Card pointed out.

"Seems like he's got a point," Acapella admitted.

"Just a few moments ago, you agreed that we weren't safe here," Missy proved.

"We're safer here than running around outside with you playing "Captain"," He argued back.

"I just want to get out of here, if anyone wants to, then you are free to follow," Missy convinced.

"Fine... we are getting out of her but only because I said so, you got that?" Wild Card put emphasis on the I.

"So what's the plan, Granada said this place was on full lockdown, there will be guards everywhere?" Wheels asked the exact question everyone was wondering.

"Yeah Missy. What's the plan?" He questioned arrogantly.

"Well... if its anything like making an omelet. You start by..." She broke off.

"Breaking some eggs," Noodles finished. The pair stared at the vault door.

Face Maker opened the vault-like door and talked to the guards before running back in and grabbing the cushions for the 3 guards. They opened the door.

"Don't ask us how we know this, but aliens are about to attack and we are no longer safe here," Missy started

"This place is a fortress, nothing's getting in, and I am afraid no one is getting out either, those are the rules," The front guard interrupts.

"Oof... Then we are definitely getting out of here so we are going to need your access cards like now," Missy continues.

The guards laugh.

"And do you think we will just hand these to you?" The guard asks, incredulously.

"No, but it would have made this a whole lot easier. Cushions," Missy orders.

Wild Card, Face Maker, and Noodles lift up the cushions and set them down on the ground in front of the guards.

"What are these for?" The guards asks, stupidly.

"Tell 'em Guppy," Missy says, with a hit of pride in her voice

"To protect your buts when you hit the ground," Guppy explains.

"Why don't you get back in line," The guard states, softly.

Guppy grabbed his outstretched arm and flips him over her shoulder and down on the middle cushion.

"Oh No..." The guard realizes.

Meanwhile Guppy throws one of the guards into my chair.

"She's got shark strength," He yells.

Noodles knocks out another one of the guards and grabs his keycard. He throws it to Missy, who catches it. He takes the other two cards as well. The guard that Noodles threw on the ground saw the alarm and started inching towards it. I ran over to him and used my boot to kick him in the gut.

"Aliens really are going to invade. So we are going to have to leave your expert care until Ms. Granada and you know what we know," Missy finalized before we left single file out of the Day Care Center.