Part 1

Obviously, this is not a 100% accurate. I hope you enjoy!

~

Lindsey sat in his home studio, drumming his fingers on his knee. He clasped his hands and spun around in his chair a couple of times, before he stopped and leaned his head on his fist, elbow resting on the mixing console. He sat back again and cocked his head to one side, staring up at the ceiling. Everyone seemed to be occupied with something, while Lindsey was bored out of his mind. He could always start working on another solo album, but he just released one last year. The tour to support it was a couple of months away. He still hoped that Stevie was going to change her mind and Fleetwood Mac might go into a studio to record something new. He understood that the chance of that happening was slim and he doubted that the alternative he'd suggested would seem attractive to her.

Rising to his feet with a heavy sigh, Lindsey left his so called bunker in search of his wife. The house was quiet. Kristen had a room, sort of a home office, which was empty, when Lindsey went to check. He walked into the kitchen and found a note on the kitchen island, saying that she had to leave for a bit. Dragging his feet up the stairs, Lindsey took a turn towards Will's room. The door was closed as usual, so he knocked and waited for a second, before walking in.

Lindsey was sure that Will was saying something to him, which he didn't quite understand. He took a look at the computer monitor and noticed the headset. "Hey, buddy. Will?"

"Dad, I'm busy! Can't you see I'm playing a video game? Christ..." The teenager rolled his eyes and adjusted his headset, jumping back into conversation with his friends.

Lindsey's second try was Leelee. The door was slightly ajar and he stuck his head in to find both his daughters together. He smiled and entered the room. They seemed to be doing makeovers on their dolls.

"No boys allowed!" Leelee shook her head and pointed to the door.

Without much of a choice left, Lindsey turned around and headed back to his studio, slamming the door shut with more force than necessary. He slumped down in his chair and reached for his acoustic. However, he didn't get past warming up, when his phone started buzzing and genuine surprise crossed his face as he read the name of the caller.

"Steph, hi!" Lindsey spoke as soon as he picked up.

"You sound excited to hear my voice." She chuckled lightly on the other end of the line. 

"Yeah, well, nobody wants to talk to me, so..." He trailed off, carefully putting away his instrument. 

"Trouble in paradise?" Stevie asked and he half smiled, shaking his head, although she clearly couldn't see it. 

"No, everything's fine. Kristen's out and the kids are all doing their own thing. How are you? I'm surprised, you're awake at-" He stopped to check the time. "4 pm."

"Ha ha." Stevie replied dryly. "I'm still in bed."

"Oh, so you're thinking about me, huh?" He risked, making that joke, then relaxed, hearing her laugh.

"Wouldn't you like to know. To answer your question, I'm doing fine. Listen, I thought about your proposition." Stevie cut right to it, capturing Lindsey's attention. "Maybe, just maybe that is not such a horrible idea. We've been over this already and I just, I don't want to commit to making a full album, but a couple of songs? I'm fine with that."

"Seriously?" Lindsey was ready to hear her say, no. "And you do remember me mentioning, where we could record them?"

She sighed and hesitated for a moment. "I do. Do you think that's a good idea?"

"I know, I'd love to have you here." Only the the thought about Stevie staying at his house no matter for how short a period of time, made his heartbeat pick up pace. "We don't really get to spend much time together."

"What does your wife think about that?" Stevie asked, but she didn't receive an answer. "Lindsey, you have talked with Kristen?"

"Well..."

"Oh my God..." She shut her eyes and took a deep breath. "Are you serious right now?"

"I didn't think you'd agree!" Lindsey replied honestly. "I didn't even expect to hear from you."

"Why don't you ask your wife first if she's okay with your ex girlfriend staying with you before you reach out to said ex girlfriend?"

"I'm sure, she won't mind." Lindsey said, seriously doubting that. "It's going to be fine, Steph, I promise. You go pack a suitcase and I'll talk to Kristen." She was silent. "Stevie?"

"Lindsey, she has to be okay with it."

"Don't you worry about. I'm on it." 

Lindsey made it sound like it was a done deal, while in truth, he had no idea, how to approach Kristen about it.   

~

I don't think this one is going to be a long story, but I've been wanting to write it for a while.