Tang, The Cat Detective- 4. 28

Start from the beginning

Zheng Yong massages his temple Cheng Bi Yu claims staring in Deng Wu's direction, "..I know him he won't lie-" she faced Zheng Yong, "Especially not when his life is dependent on telling the truth,"

Zheng Yong exhausts glancing at Deng Wu who in his eyes was untrustworthy, "..That's exactly why he would lie,"

Deng Wu watching the two from afar sighed he mediocrely dubbed their voice with phrases in contrast to what they actually spoke, "Is it just me or do you think they argue like a married couple?-" he turned to Zhou Tong who seats there blank.

Placing her hands on the table Cheng Bi Yu proclaimed, "Your immunity has been approved-" Zheng Yong budged in, "But only if you tell the complete truth-" he leans in dangerously, "..If I find out that you're lying to us I'll give you to whoever wants to kill you myself,"

"Got it Boss man-" Deng Wu playfully pipes, "..But how about we discuss this matter over a few drinks it'll be my treat-"

Zheng Yong scoffs, "You're a criminal what money do you have?-" Deng Wu dramatically gasps taken aback, "..Why have you know I do have money and I classify myself as a well-rounded hustler thank you very much," Deng Wu relents, "..After all we can't all be stuck up Court musketeers-"

Zheng Yong bit his tongue, "..This is pointless-" he rolled his eyes annoyed Deng Wu light grinned, "..You look like you could use a couple maybe then you'd realize you need me more than I need you pretty boy. So I'd play nice if I were you,"

Deng Wu overtly ignored him turning his point of view to Cheng Bi Yu, "...You ready to go Advisor?-" he stood ignorant to the stares he hooks their arms together walking off.

"..The sooner we reach the sooner he'll tell us everything," Zhou Tong reassured Zheng Yong he exhaust, "..If he tries anything funny I'll kill him," Zheng Yong glared rays at Deng Wu's arm that was linked with Cheng Bi Yu's.

Cheng Bi Yu advises sensing tension, "..Word of advice try not to get on the boss man's nerve there's no telling what he'll do when rattled-"

Deng Wu peered back at Zheng Yong, "..I'm not scared of him! What's he going to do glare me to death?!-" he met his stare.

"..All your requirements have been met so it's time to spill your guts," Cheng Bi Yu drilled Deng Wu chugs down a bottle of rum, "Ahhh-" he lowers the bottle.

"..The whole fake gold fiasco originated two years prior as ex-convicts looking to make fast cash many of us were swayed by Tao Lin's proposition. So we were his miners at first we thought it was a fluke as days went and we kept digging and digging until one day we actually found it, the gold mine." He sways the bottle, "..As our reward we were paid a pretty penny. The more we mined the more rewards were given to us that didn't include just money. Tao Lin and his men may have been the ones operating but the puppeteer behind them is definitely a big fish," Deng Wu pauses then carries his bottle to his lips.

He continues his story, "..Everything was going good but fast forwarding to today the fake gold trading was out in the open, and one by one everyone who was involved were killed to keep there mouths shut. You see that Madam Lin's girls were also involved but the one that knew everything Hui Ying was killed after blackmailing to expose Tao Lin and his operations in exchange for her freedom the big fish got a whiff and he didn't like that one bit,"

It was Zheng Yong's time to ask questions, "..This 'big fish' you speak of have you ever interacted with him?-"

Over at Green Paradise manor Magistrate Ping is stirred by the good news sent earlier he leisurely sits in his study quiet sipping mint leaf tea. While Officer Wang makes his way towards his residence the closer he gets the more contorted and uneasy his stomach felt.