40- The Hearing

Start bij het begin

     Miche kneeled down to her and patted her shoulder. "Y/n..." He softly said. "I'm sorry to do this to you, but Erwin and Levi have just gotten approval to see the kid in holding." Miche informed her. She nodded. The two walked away, leaving Jean alone.

~~~~~

     So, here they were. Erwin sitting, Levi and Y/n leaning against the wall, in the cold, depressing dungeon. Waiting for some random kid just to wake up was pretty boring. Erwin turned to face her.

     "Y/n. We have something we need to discuss with you." Erwin told her.

     "Eh?" She responded. "What is it?"

     "It's about our plan to get Eren during the hearing." Erwin said. Y/n eagerly waited for him to explain it. "We need something absolute. The main problem is getting people to think Eren will be stable and under close watching while in our hands. We need to show everyone in that room someone in our branch can take care of him if needed." Erwin explained.

     "Okay. Get Levi to beat him up." Y/n suggested. She didn't like the idea of beating the poor boy to shambles, but she knew if he was given to the military police, he would be killed for sure.

     "That's the thing..." Erwin said. He signaled Levi to take it from there.

     "You think I'm touching that scumbag right there?" Levi asked, pointing a finger at the sleeping boy in the cage. "However, it's mostly this. You and I are the strongest in the whole military. If something happens to me, it will be up to you to make sure the kid behaves." Y/n nervously nodded. She was scared of where this was going. "So, Erwin and I agreed that you need to be the one to do it." Levi explained. "We need to make sure that you are ready to seriously injure, possibly kill the brat."

     Y/n's eyes widened in surprise. "No way..." She uttered.

     "Y/n." Levi said. "Will you be folding from the responsibility?"

     Y/n furrowed her brows. Clenching her fists, she looked both of them in the eye. "I'll do it." It's just this once anyway... I hope.

     When the chains the boy was entrapped by rattled, they readjusted. Erwin filled Eren in on what had happened. It took a full day to kill the titans inside the wall. Most of them were killed by the cannons and the scout regiment. Two titans were captured alive.

     "And that's about all that's happened here whilst you were in a coma." Erwin explained.

     "Eren. Do you have any questions?" Y/n asked.

     Eren looked at her in surprise. Captain Y/n... The leader of the survey corps, Erwin... and Captain Levi... "Uh...Where am I?"

     "Let's just say, you're in a dungeon. Currently in custody of the military police. We were finally granted access to see you a few minutes ago."

     "What's gonna happen now? Also...Where are the trainees I was with?" Eren asked.

     "We were talking to them." Erwin said. "Not only those two, but anyone who knows about your past." Erwin revealed the key that Y/n always saw around Eren's neck. "What we're going to do from here on out... isn't much different from what we've been doing." Eren mentioned the key, trailing off that it belonged to him. "Yes, it's yours. I'll give it back later. The basement of the house where you were born, Dr. Jaeger's house in Shiganshina District holds the secret of the titans. Am I right?"

     "Uh, yes... or at least... that's what my father said." Eren answered.

     "You have amnesia, and your father is missing... That's a very convenient story..." Levi commented.