Part 15

[ phil's pov ]

I tried to get a good look at the fellow pulling my hand. His light brown hair was barely noticable in the dull lighting of the bar's dance floor.

Until he whipped around, I had no idea who would ever do this. Then I saw his face.

" Charlie!" I smiled. It had been a while since I saw him here. I've been to busy with my head in the bar to even take note if he came this weak.

He chuckled. " Aye mate. I haven't seen you in a while, is everything alright?" He flashed a cheeky grin at me, causing me to giggle a bit. He is one person I've been able to open up to since I've moved here. He always knows when I'm at a good poimt or rock bottom, and he always knows how to fix it.

" Just a bit stressed is all... " I mumbled. I didn't want to say anything to loud- so in case when of the guys were buy me.

"Well I know how to fix that- Shake it off mate!" Charlie and I laughed. The references he made always were funny. "Phillip come on- dance! You know I won't be taking no for an answer." He shot me a look of happiness. A smile beamed through my face, as I knew Charlie was too stubborn for my denial. So we jumped to the beat, just trying to stay happy.

____________

Within the night, I took a couple shots, but I knew I could handle myself since I do it so often. I just felt as if my soul was clear and thoughts were light.

I could see Chris passed out in a booth, and Luke drunkenly stumble into the bathroom. Dan was just bug eyed to himself on one end of the bar, while Peej was tearing up at the other.

My sudden motherly instinct kicked in as I intsructed Charlie to go see what Dan is thinking, while I took my attention to Pj.

Pj was basically balling by the time I stood next to him. It reminded me just like when we were kids.

I laid one of my hands onto Pj's back, rubbing small circles on his left shoulder blade. I knew it would comfort him, and of course it worked.

He lifted his head for me to see blotchy, wet face. Peej looked as if someone had died, it was quite sad. " Peej, what's the matter?" He started tearing up again after I asked him. I continued to rub circles into his back, making him slightly more calm.

He sniffled, and wiped his nose with the back of his hand. " Phil- Phil..." He kept crying and crying, I was suprised he had tears left to shed.

"It'll be ok Peej, can you tell me what's wrong?" I said as smoothly as possible. He out his head into the wet palms of his hands. He lifted his head up and looked directly in front of him before saying,

"Phil...... I think I'm gay."

______________

[ charlie's pov ]

I felt a bit awkward at first. Approaching a delusional male, who I have no background with and asking all personal questions about his personal life- but Phil needed me to do this.

So I sat in the stool next to the boy, him not bothering to look at me whatso ever. I ordered a scotch, before drawing my attention back to the lost lad.

" What seems to be the matter champ?" I tried to pry in. His bug eyes looked towards me like he didn't hear me.
" I said, is everything alright?"

He shook his head,drawing his eyes' attention back to the bar , eyes staring vaguely at it.

"Would you like to tell your bud, Charlie over here?" Doing this was harder than I thought. This boy seemed to out of it to function.

" I need to go back to my apartment.. I need to talk to Phil again.." he said almost silent. " I understand mate. How about we make that happen?" He gave me a supportive smile and thanked me.

I stood up and walked over fo Phil. He seemed to be in deep shock, so I figured going home would be great for him too. "Phillip- I think it's time for your crew to head off, it's almost closing time." I told him. He bobbed his head, and gave the man a hug niext to him. He whsipered something into his ear, but in respect I tried not to listen in.

So gathered the drunken crew of guys he brought and sent them to a hotel in a taxi. The boy said it was the one they were staying at, so we sent them there. He wasn't completely sober I assume, so really we had no idea.

So I waved Phil good night and told him to ring me in the morning to tell me how it all went down with him and his friend. I wished him the best of luck, and headed home because,
By the looks of the boy, he was going to need it.