"At the same time?" she asked me, attempting to make me finish my sentence.

I continue to stare at her. Should I do it?

"At the same time, while I want try and read you because of the challenge, I find myself just wanting to know more about you. You're an enigma. And my thoughts often trail to you and what may be going through your head."

She looks at me, eyes slightly widened.

My heart flutters.

"I just want to get to know you better...," I end my rambles there. I felt like this was extremely out of character for me.

Exposing how I felt like this was weird, even if I didn't say anything along the lines of having feelings.

I don't like her, I'm just intrigued by her. And I enjoy trying to understand people.

People think I'm just antisocial, and while that is true to an extent, I'm mainly just being observant. I like to see how people react to certain situations and use it to learn more about the person in total.

It's not that I care, it was just something I naturally found myself doing.

However, in y/n's case, I actually do care.

I snap out of my thoughts, realizing y/n hadn't responded to what I said.

I decided it would be best that I left. It was awkward enough.

I turn to open the door, but I'm stopped at the sound of y/n's voice:

"Wait." she says.

I turn back around, not knowing what else to do.

She pats her hand on her bed, indicating that she wanted me to sit on her bed.

I hesitate before obliging.

I sit at the foot of her bed, leaning against the wall.

"What do you want to know? Ask wisely, and I'm not answering everything."

My heart throbbed again. Was it because I was nervous? Or excited? Or both?

"Where were you today?" I repeat my question from earlier. I partially knew the answer because Atsumu and I forced Osamu to show us her location.

"I was at Terushima's apartment. He's a friend I met last night."

I was shocked at her honesty. I expected her to be vague. Why was she being so honest with me right now? Why did her answer sting a little?

"He's the guy you fucked?"

I was nervous for her answer. I don't know why, but my heart started to beat against my ribs harder than before.

She nodded her head as she maintained eye contact.

I didn't hesitate to ask my next question:

"Did you guys have sex today?"

She paused a little before slowly nodding her head.

She no longer maintained her eye contact as she looked down.

"Why'd you do it? Or was it just something that happened?

As she got out of bed, I saw the hickeys that were on her legs.

When I saw them this morning, I was shocked.

Sure, I saw the hickeys on her neck last night, but I just assumed she made out with a stranger, not that she fucked one.

And she looked so calm about it, as if it was something she intended to do.

I wonder if that was her intention.

I look up at her as I see she's pulling out some weed. I notice she's about to roll up.

As I watch her movements, I realize she doesn't seem as depressed as she was earlier in the week. And the more I think about it, the more I realize her mood flipped after her hook up.

It couldn't have been that good, could it?

As I watch her roll, I remember the night in the car.

She said she didn't want to get into detail anymore, and while I respected her decision, a part of me wished she let me in a bit more.

I see her walk over to her closet before pulling out the sweats she had on earlier. She pulls them on, and put on her crocs.

"We can have this conversation in detail at the park. You ready?"

I quickly nod my head and get off of her bed.

I walk into my room, grab a hoodie, and slip on my slides before grabbing my keys.

We walk into the living room and see Atsumu sleeping on the couch and Osamu gone, he most likely stepped out.

I take some paper and write a quick note to them let them know we went to the park.

After I put it in a place it would be found, y/n and I head out the door.