Twenty Six-"I Followed Her"

Start from the beginning

I wanted to rip his head off. I wanted to rip everyone's head off right now.

Why can't I find Raine?

"They took her! They took her!" Madi screamed. She repeated the words over and over until it became a whisper. Her eyes dead as they looked at me.

Raine? Was Raine her?

I felt my chest tightened and I knew I needed some air, but I was already outside.

Did they took Raine?

I looked around, blinking rapidly, my eyes caught a figure.

My father.

He was standing over on the other side of the road. His hands pushed into his trench coat, observing the scene before him.

My feet were leading me to him, the moment I recognized him.

"They took her!" I screamed in his face.

He nodded once. "They have" he answered. His voice was calmer. Not even bothered.

"Are you going to do something? They trespass again and took an innocent person! The code!"

I never in my life wanted to break my Father's face until now. His nonchalant persona was unnerving.

"Yes. However, I would like to see what you will do?" he smirked at me. I blinked. My hands ached from clenching too hard.

"Is that some sick joke to you?" I seethed to him.

He shrugged. I wanted to punch him. I guess I wasn't the only one that noticed this because I saw two guys stepped closer.

I didn't see them before.

"I told you that love and being in this game doesn't work. However, I have trained you to know what to do. They took your girl. You have the sources, use them"

I went to grab him as he turns around, but the two guys shove me back. They held me in place until my father left then throw me backwards.

I threw my hands in my hair, ready to rip out the strands from the roots as I span around in frustration.

My dad thought this was some sick joke!

The Guillianos was known for being sick in the head. They don't see murder as some form of crime. The bastards see it as a sport. Something they teach their children from a young age.

Death to them was another walk in the park and the fact that Raine was in their possession had me wrecked.

My eyes landed on Allanna, Raine's mother.

She was dressed normally, but the light of her badge was reflecting in the night sky. She was staring at where my father was. Her eyes glistening and her mouth trembling.

When her eyes came to me, I froze.

I have never seen hurt like that in someone's eyes before. She looked so distraught. Sad.

"Come here" she mouthed to me. I swallowed, moving to her.

I wasn't sure what her take on me was.

Did she like me?

Did she not?

I didn't really know. When she had spotted me at the house waiting for Raine to come home one day. She gave me the third degree. She asked me my intentions and I told her everything--which was weird. I'm great at withholding information, but she got the secrets out of me for her daughter in no time.