Twenty Six-"I Followed Her"

Beginne am Anfang

Flint hesitated. I can see from the looks in his eyes that he was now considering the position. I knew too, that this time it was because of Madi.

He too suffered what it was to now find something worth getting out of the gang life for. He has tried his best to sway me from Raine, but with Madi's presence, he now sees how having someone like that in your life can make you want them around all the time. 

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I looked down to see an unknown number. I frowned. I slid answer because I was sure it may be another Oscuros calling me from an unknown line to avoid having their number tracked.

"Hello" I gritted down the line. The thought of talking to them even gets on my nerve.

"Come to the school right now!" the person's shrilled voice rang in my ears and then they hung up.

I looked at Flint who was looking at me with a bored expression.

I don't recognize the voice. It sounded like a girl or a woman. It was coated in fear, so I wasn't sure if that was just a guy who had lost his voice from being scared.

However, the urgency that came over the line wasn't missed.

"I'll be right back. Hold the fort for me, okay" I explain to Flint and he nodded.

"What's happening?" he asked. I looked over to the other guys who were guarding with us and stepped closer to Flint.

"I don't know, but I'll text you" I whisper.

~~~

When I got to the school, I wasn't expecting to see the scene before me. I thought- I didn't know what I thought, but I wasn't expecting this.

There was an ambulance- three of them to be correct, police cars were parked in odd angles and people were all over the area with shock expressions on their faces.

My heart immediately disappeared as it falls when I looked over to the auditorium.

Raine.

I pushed through the crowd trying to get to the front of it. Trying to get to the building.

God, please let her be okay.

I was stopped right at the front of the crowd by a police officer. He was pushing me back, saying something but my ears had this weird sound playing in it.

I looked over to the building, I saw Madi. She was standing there crying with her parent cuddling her. Why was she crying?

No.

I looked over to one of the ambulance. There was a bed being lifted up to be placed inside.

Playboy?

I looked back to the police, roughly pushing his hand from my chest.

"I need to get inside!" I growled at him, but he shook his head.

"I'm sorry. I can't let you do that, son"

I looked over at Madi again. She wasn't talking. She looked as if she was in shock.

"Madi!" I screamed, but she didn't even prick at the sound of my voice.

"Son, I have to ask you to step back or I'll arrest you" the officer screamed and I pushed him roughly. My strength amazing me and him.

I ran past him to Madi, she didn't even budge when I grip her shoulder.

"Madi tell me what happen? Where is Raine?" she didn't say anything, she just stood there. "Madi!" I screamed but was pushed off by her father.