Twenty Two- "Little Red Dress"

Začať od začiatku

He sat with us every day at lunch, even without his other counterparts such as Matt and Lucas. I see him walk her to class, his name on her buzzing phone screen when she's in class, and the way he looks at her too. It looks familiar to the way Lucas once looked at me. Then again, at this point in time, I am starting to think I imagined it all.

Maybe, he didn't like me. Maybe he just said that because he just wanted to have some control over me. To get me to stay his pon. Now, that I was no longer playing by his rules, he was now taking revenge.

To be honest, I don't know if I can play along.

~~~

"I feel like the blood-red dress would be ideal for you," Madi said as she see me spin around in an emerald sequins dress. It was a body con dress that stopped to my ankle and had a squared neckline.

"What's wrong with this?"I frowned, looking down at the dress.

"Eh," Madi scrutinized, "It's nice, but I just like the red so much better" she smiled up at me with puppy eyes.

I loved the red too, but it was totally different than what I would ever wear. I loved comfortable clothes. Clothes that were not fitting to my shape and leave room for me to actually move around.

The red dress was not that.

It was like a second skin as the lace top part glitter over my torso and arms. It had this beautiful design etched into the fabric as it runs down to my fingers. The back was out, showing a very bit much of it and then the sequins take over from my waist down. It was still tight-fitting around my hips and butt, but once it reached my knees it flared out.

It was beautiful. Gorgeous can even describe it, but I just knew that if I wore it I would be the center of attention and I wasn't sure if I wanted that right now.

"No no." Madi got up in her second option which was a white dress. It was a simple, silk dress that had spaghetti straps and a back out that had a frail ending just above the hips. "You're overthinking. That dress is beautiful. I'll get it for you. You deserve to wear that"

"I don't know, Madi. I like simple" I whine going back into the changing room to get out of this dress.

"Yes, but you aren't that. It's our last grade here. We need to go out with a bang in everything we do. Get it!" she burst through the curtain almost giving me a fright as I zip down the dress.

"I think I'm already going out with a bang" I mumbled. Madi caught on, her eyes widening with conclusion.

"That makes it even more necessary for you to wear that dress. Give Lucas exactly what he's missing. Show him who's boss here. He thinks he's winning, R. Show him that you already own the game" she stepped behind me, putting her hands on my shoulders.

"Are you really pep talking me into getting that dress, right now? " I stared into her eyes through the mirror.

She smiled nervously, "Is it working?"

I rolled my eyes, finally succumbing to Madi's persuasion.

"Yes!" she screamed.

"Under one condition" I raised my finger stopping her in her tracks. She looked at me with fear and I smiled.

"You have to tell me what's going with you and Flint, finally," I said to her and she became pale.

She knew a great deal of Lucas and I's situation but as for her and Flint, I was still left in the shade. It's not because of the lack of time we had together, but more on the fact that I was scared to know and she was scared to tell me.