Words like knifes and words like roses part 1

Start from the beginning

"Were you collecting seashells?" He asked.

You looked down to see the shattered seashells and frowned, "yeah. Not anymore apparently." You say.

He looked at your disappointed face, and frowned. He looked down at his own hand, which was clenched into a fist. He unclenched it to reveal a seashell he had collected as well.

He glanced up at you, before smiling slightly. He pulled out a spare string out of his pocket, and started to tie the seashell to it.

After a second, he tapped your shoulder, and you looked up at him.

He smiled at you, "please don't be sad, (y/n). I have something to make you happy again!" He smiles, before holding up the seashell attached to the string.

You looked at the necklace in shock, and smiled.

"Here, you can have it." He said, handing it to you.

You smiled, and placed it around your neck.

"It's so pretty, hiccup! Thank you." You smile up at him.

He smiled back, "are you happy again?" He asked.

You nodded, and he smiled brightly, "told you." He poked you in the side gently.

You giggled, and in a burst of happiness, you grabbed him in a hug.

After a second, you realized what you were doing, and pulled back.

A pair or arms wrapping around your small waist stopped you from doing so however. You realized hiccup was hugging you back, and you smiled. You hugged him tightly, shutting your eyes.

"(Y/n)! Time to go!" Your mothers voice rang out again.

You pulled away from hiccup, sighing.

"I have to go." You said quietly, frowning.

Hiccup shook his head, "don't be sad. I'll talk to you tomorrow." He smiled at you.

You smiled back, and gave him one more hug. You pulled away, and ran back to your mom.

"Bye hiccup!" You exclaim as she takes your hand.

"Bye (y/n)!" He yells back.

Your mother smiled, "made a new friend, (y/n)?"

You nodded, "m'hm! His name is hiccup!"

Your mother smiled, "that's nice."

You nodded again, and you two entered your house.

(Time skip)

You and hiccup continued to be friends. Best friends. He was always there for you when you needed him, and you were always there for him when he needed you.

You were both 14 now. You and hiccup were as close as you could be.

You woke up, and jumped out of bed. You made your way downstairs, your parents greeting you.

"Morning mom, dad. I'm gonna head over to-" you start, but are interrupted by your mother.

"Hiccups. We know." She flashed you a knowing smile.

You smile sheepishly.

You father sighed, "you spend to much time with that boy."

"Oh come now, (f/n)! Relax." Your mother laughed.

She turned to you, "go ahead, (y/n)."

You grinned, hugging both your parents before running to the door.