"How did the meeting go?"

"Good. Great, actually!" I smiled, "It went better than I expected."

"That's good. I'm happy to hear that." She smiled back and continued to walk to the kitchen, "What was the meeting about?"

I stared at her back as she sliced an apple.

"Uh... n-nothing, really."

She turned around with a frown on her smile, "Really? Then why do I feel like you're hiding something?"

I sighed when she continued chopping the apple, turning her back to me again.

"Um... I spoke to Mr Bang... about us."

A gasp left her lips as she snapped her head around to face me with wide eyes, "You what?"

"I... I spoke to him about us..."

"Well, what did you tell him?" She demanded in a soft tone.

I sighed and moved closer to her, standing just a feet away from her. She looked up into my eyes. I felt my heart skip a beat when I glanced at the galaxy she held in her brown eyes, "I told him that I... that I love you"

Her breath hitched as her lips parted in shock.

"I love you, Jisoo. I love you so much that I can't imagine us moving apart after this month is over. I want to spend more time with you. Cherish every moment of ours. I want to make you feel loved and treat you the way you deserve. I want to be with you. I want us to be real."

I gently took her hand in mine and held them to my chest, "I want this fake relationship to be true, just like how true my love is for you."

Jisoo stared at me like a deer caught in headlights, eyes not wavering for a moment.

"Please say something."

"Taehyung... I..." she gulped, "I'm sorry."

I felt my whole world freeze for a second. I felt like my heart would stop beating.

"I'm still not over my fiancé's death, Taehyung... and I don't want to be in a state where I choose to be with you just because you have the same face as him."

I felt like someone slammed a hammer onto my heart.

"I don't want to be in a position where I'd be reminding myself that you're not him."

I saw tears glistening in her eyes.

"I'm not him, Jisoo." My hand moved to cup her cheeks, to which she nuzzled her face into the warmth of my touch, "But I can love you more. I've never wanted anything more than your affection. I love you so much and it would break me to be away fro-"

My words were cut off when I felt a touch against my cheek. I looked at Jisoo as she caressed my skin with her thumb, "I know." She breathed.

Her hands wrapped around my neck, gently pulling me into an embrace, "I know." I felt her breathe fan against the crook of my neck.

I stayed holding her for what felt like an minute, wishing I could hold her like this forever. I never thought I was capable of loving someone, until she walked into my life and showed me what love was.

Until she showed me how to love.

She pulled away first and fixing her tear-glazed eyes on that of mine, "I like you... but I need time to sort out myself."

I felt a sting in my chest.

"But... Will you wait for me?"

A gasp left my lips. All the pain I felt, suddenly disappeared. I looked at her in surprise, jaw hanging.

"I... of course!" I nodded with a smile, "I'll always wait for you, no matter how long it takes."

A tear rolled her cheeks as she smiled back. She moved her face closer to mine and I closed my eyes as I felt her lips press against my cheek. I cherished the few second I felt her soft lips against my skin and breathed softly once she pulled away, looking into my eyes.

"Thank you." She whispered.

I gulped.

I had never felt this vulnerable in a long time. I had shut my heart away from feeling any emotions. After running away from my house... I didn't think I could ever feel happiness, or love, or affection ever again. But looking at the woman before me... she turned me into a man who could finally appreciate the blessing of being able to feel such emotions.

She made me a better man. And I only wished to become more and more better, day by day, just to keep her happy and love her the way she deserved.

A buzzing of my phone cut through my thoughts. I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and looked at the caller ID.

Jaehee...

I still hadn't told her about my meeting with Mr Bang and I was quite excited to see her reaction once she got to know about it.

"Noona?" I answered the called.

"KIM TAEHYUNG! YOU ARE GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME! SWITCH ON THE DAMN NEWS ROGHT NOW!"

"W-why... what happe-"

"JUST DO WHAT I SAY!"

I sighed. This wasn't the first time I was getting yelled by my manager but it was definitely the first time I had heard her scream to that extent. I picked up the remote from the coffee table and switched on the TV.

I flipped through the channels, landing on PBN news. Two anchors sat side-by-side speaking to each other.

Jisoo walked towards me and stood beside me with a frown, eyes stuck on the news.

"This time, we aren't just speculating. We have clear proof and here are the photos we found!" Said the female anchor.

My breathe got caught in my throat when I saw images of myself holding a cigarette between my lips. I heard Jisoo gasp beside me as well.

"These photographs are from a couple months ago when Kim Taehyung's so-called girlfriend was admitted to the hospital, taken by none other than Mr Park Jimin himself who was threatened by the actor later." The male anchor voiced over the images.

"Yes, and also, his relationship is fake. And we have proof for that as well." The lady added.

I felt my heart plunge to my stomach as a video played.

"This was supposed to be a contract, Taehyung. You know very well of that. All this is going to end in a couple of weeks. And then what?"

It was Jaehee, from the day the press conference took place. Someone had sneaked up on us and recorded our conversation after the conference.

"We're doomed, Noona..." I muttered, eyes fixed on the TV.

"All of it was nothing but a publicity stunt!" The man scoffed, "How low will these entertainment agency stoop just for some fame?"

"Tae..." Jisoo and I exchanged glances. She took a hold of my hand and squeezed it.

I looked back at the screen, feeling anger and sadness drown me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY LOVELY READERS!!!!!

This chapter is unedited btw so don't kill me for the typos (ik you won't, but still😝)

I hope this chapter was good! I just whipped up something in the last moment.

Also.... some sad news to y'all...

This book will be coming to an end soon.

But I want to thank you all for giving this book so much love and appreciation!! It means a lot to me, truly!❤️