Eye Spy [5]

"Well, Commander," Ducky said as he measured the wound on the victim's chest. "Based on the width and the jagged lower edge of the entry wound, it appears you were stabbed with your own knife. The wound is consistent with the serrated, titanium beta alloy knife missing from your sheath. Now, then, let's see what we've got here." he inserted a ruler into the wound to measure the depth. "Oh, seven inches! Well, Gerald, what have we learned from this?"

"Seven inches..." Gerald thought "Uh, it was a deep thrust, most of the blade,"

"And?"

"And from the left-to-right angle, the assailant was most likely left-handed,"

"So, we've vastly limited the potential number of suspects. Only nine percent of the world's population is left-handed. Interestingly, that percentage has remained the same since prehistoric times. Archeologists have been able to determine this by examining cave paintings more than 10,000 years old,"

"Don't you think we should notify Gibbs?"

"In due time. Curiously enough, the Yanomami tribe in the Amazon are 23% percent left-handed,"

***

Tony came into Caly's section of the Forensics lab as she was working on the computer. "Find anything?"

Caly shook her head "Commander Egan's files were password protected. It took me a while to get in," she glanced over as Tony leaned in and saw him using a hand machine. "What, you getting in shape?"

"Yeah. Do you want to feel how hard my forearm is? Lookit. Lookit!"

"No, thanks." Caly was grateful when Gibbs came in the room "Hey, dad. You want to feel Tony's forearm?"

"No, I'll pass. Copy of the CIA satellite transmission." Gibbs said as he handed the disk to her. "Want to see if you can enhance the image?"

"I'm working on Egan's files...but I'm sure Abby would like to sift through CIA file data,"

"Ooh, gimme," the goth forensic said happily.

"Did you find anything on Egan's computer?" Kate wondered.

Caly shrugged "He seemed hinky about the sonar device's reliability. His notes suggest that tests may have been altered,"

"Think Egan was killed cause he was going to blow the whistle on the project?" Tony reasoned.

"Maybe," Gibbs said.

Tony chuckled as the recording was put on screen. "Oh. Well, I like this part,"

"This is the only time the assailant is on the screen," Abby pointed out. "Now, watch what happens when I try to go in,"

"The closer you get to the figure, the more the image distorts," Caly noted.

"That's it?" Gibbs asked.

"Sorry, Gibbs," Abby said.

"We can't make an ID out of that," Kate said.

"Maybe we can find the polar chick," Tony suggested.

"Tony's right," Caly admitted "The beach is on a naval base. It's a restricted area. Odds are, she works at Little Creek,"

"Want me to track her down, boss?"

Kate rolled her eyes "Why am I not surprised?" she looked over at Gibbs "You want me to handle it? At least I won't drool,"

"No." Gibbs said "No, DiNozzo took a wave for the team,"

"Thanks, boss." Tony said "Hmm. Look at the muscle tone, would you? The definition on those abs. The lady definitely works out a lot,"