Chapter 17. Repetition

Start from the beginning

"There's chocolate on your lips, darling." His finger gently rubbed my bottom lip. I bit my lip in embarrassment, Harry only chuckled slightly.

He cleared his throat, catching the others' attention. Ron had already finished his box before Harry had the chance to ask if they liked it. We laughed and chatted a few more minutes before the doors creaked open.

"Goodmorning, children. It's good to see you all bright and early." Dumbledore smiled with Dr. Barlaam at his side. "Now, let's give Miss Crow some rest. I'm sure she has a long day ahead."

"Goodmorning, Sir." Harry stood. "We were just on our way out."

The three of them left with a, 'see you soon,' and waved goodbye for now. The building was silent with just Professor Dumbledore, Dr. Barlaam and I.

"Neveah, we need to talk."

***

It's been a little over a week into break. Although I'm still in pain, I've recovered greatly. During my stay at the burrow I've worked on paperwork for the manor. Now that I've returned to decent health, I am capable of returning.

My grandparents had their week to sort out their arrangements. They were furious, but there was nothing they could do. I was kind enough to offer a decent sum of money for a place to stay. Honestly, I'd pay anything to keep them away. 

I stood at the doorsteps of my home. The dark stone walls gloomed over me. The inside was just as depressing. The dark, quiet, empty rooms taunted around me. There were no signs of life, no signs of memories or happiness.

I had plans of returning it to its former glory. A home where you'd smile just looking at it. Where the walls shined with art and the air felt welcoming to all. The home I knew as a child.

I settled myself into the master bedroom. The heavy walls and decor surrounded me. The large window that overlooked what used to be a garden, brought light inside.

Workers I hired would arrive soon. With the help of magic, this house will be a home.

Artists, construction workers, designers, etcetera. They swarmed the home, following the plan I described. While they worked inside I made my way out back.

A humongous field of land surrounded us, more or less green. I began rebuilding our garden. One that would be filled with fruits, vegetables and flowers.

After a few hours of work I found myself covered in dirt. My hair tied up in a messy bun, my overalls unrecognizable. I sat up to admire my work.

"It's looking beautiful so far." A voice startled me from behind.

I turned to see Draco Malfoy. He stood in a white collared shirt, tucked into a pair of dress pants. His hair slightly hung over his face while the wind brushed it across. He looked completely beautiful.

As he moved closer I realized he had something in his hand.

"These are for you." He handed me a bouquet of blue and white Starflowers. The same ones my mother grew in her garden when I was a child.

I used to pluck one every time Draco would come over. I'd bring them to him to admire, even though he never showed much interest. Yet, he must've remembered they were my favorite.

"I remember you telling me about your project here. I figured I would stop by and help. Plus, I missed you greatly." He continued.

I never knew Draco to stop by and help. Something felt off. The closer I looked at him the more I acknowledged his features. They drooped, leaving him restless once again.