I've learned how to be loved and how to love. I'd been scared to have sex with Theo; scared that I'd get hurt; scared I'd frighten him away; scared I'd disgust him. Turns out, he was even more scared than I was and we ended up waiting until just a week ago before we shared an awkward night. It was different than it was with Caleb. I felt alive when Theo touched me, not dead and numb like when Brian and his friends did.

"Hey. What are you thinking about?" Theo asked quietly, nuzzling his face into my neck. We had shifted to the bedroom and were laying on the bed together. Our fingers were woven together and soft music played in the background.

"Us," I answered simply. The song switched.

You've been on this road too long
Hearing music but it's not your song
Wanna scream but your voice is gone
Days trapped inside your head

"This is our song," Theo stated. "I didn't think you still had this in your playlist after a year."

"Of course I kept it. It's our song, as you said. I could deleted something like that, could I?" I replied.

But the sun is always there to shine

"The song that played the day I took you to the hill for the first time..." I muttered turning to face Theo and cuddling into his side.

"Hold on just one more day. Hold on. You know you'll find a way," I sang quietly. Theo draped his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

"You've got stars in your eyes so let's paint the sky," Theo sang, running his fingers through my hair.

"Remember that night when I compared you to the moon and me to the stars?" I asked, the memory popping up in my head. Theo nodded his head.

"Yeah, and I told you that the sun was also a star. Why?" he replied and I smiled, recalling his exact words.

"I think you're forgetting that the sun is also a star. The sun is the most important star in our lives. It gives us warmth, life, and light. In fact, the moon can't shine without the sun. You wouldn't even be able to see the moon without the sun shining on it. You're underestimating the stars."

"I take it back now. You're not like moon, you are the moon. You are my moon and my sun and all my stars. You're my Earth and my universe," I started.

Let out the beauty that's been trapped inside
Let them know that you're not gonna hide

"and I need you," I finished.

"And you love me," Theo added causing me to roll my eyes and shove him a little. He laughed and poked at my sides, laughter erupting from my throat.

"Don't worry, you're my sun and moon and stars and Earth and universe and everything too. And I love you as well," Theo said once he stopped poking me. I smiled up at him and dropped my head onto his chest, staring into his beautiful brown eyes. He smiled back at me, pulling the green beanie he was wearing off of his head and throwing it at my face, I sat up, straddling him, to put the hat on correctly before laying back down. I placed my cheek on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head.

"I wanna go back to the hill tonight. We haven't gone in a while," I said.

"Mhm," Theo hummed. My phone dinged from the bedside table but I ignored it. Then it dinged again. And again and again and again and again until I sighed and moved to grab the phone and open the texts, preparing to yell at whoever was spamming me.

Scotty :)
I have Macdonald.

Scotty :)
I think I'm drink

Scotty :)
Mom cum pick me up