He's really into his wife. I didn't get to attend his wedding, but as far as I know, he married his girlfriend from high school. How much does he love her anyway?

    Everyone... every single one of the people around me.. are so in love. They're really in love. I don't even know how they are. I don't understand it. Whenever I see (Y/n), I don't feel anything in particular.

    I finish my rounds and put everything back into my office before meeting him. (Y/n) sent me a message, a photo of a sleeping Taki and a reminder for me to eat.

    "So, Shirabu, what's on your mind?" Where do I even start?

    "How... do you love your wife?" He furrows his brows, and squints his eyes at me, judging my question. "I'm curious. I think you know well about our situation."

    "Hmmm... don't you love her? You're the type not to agree on something unless you're okay with it. Plus, you were completely clouded when she stopped confessing her feelings for you."

    "Why would I love her?" Why... would I?

    "Then, why did you marry her? Agree to having a child before the two of you finished college? Those are things you would surely have not agreed on, and yet, you did. It's been three years since you two had Taki, and you don't even know if you love your family?" I nod. "Hah, you're an idiot."

    "Please do not attack me with useless words like that." I just don't know if I love her. "But... when we.. when we were making—"

    "Just use the word. It sounds gross when you make it that way." I don't like using that word, so I didn't want to.

    "When we had..... s-sex.. when we did it, she said I love you and I didn't know how to react." Why am I even saying this? This is embarrassing.

    "So you shut her up?" What is that disgusting look on his face? "But really, how certain are you that you don't love her and your son?" I don't know. "If you didn't, you wouldn't have felt empty when she stopped running after you." He pat me on the back, and gave me a can of coffee.

    "I'm sure.. because I really don't."

    I gave everything a thought, and still wasn't able to figure out what Semi-san was telling me. (Y/n)... she clearly stopped liking me back then.. she only randomly started back at it again.

    When we were told to meet to get together, she didn't like seeing me, and hatred was all that I could see in her eyes. Even when she stopped running after me, she would look at me in disgust. So how..?

    Why is she and I together? How could she say that she loves me? Weren't we just forced into this relationship? Wasn't she forced into it? So why...? I don't get it.

    I rest in my office, remembering that she brought food for me. She always.. comes over to bring me food, and checks on me every other hour. Everything was done on her own accord.

    I eat the food, feeling like I'm at home. I haven't come home for a week.. I would, but only to get changed. I only ever see Taki for a few times.

    "Shirabu-san." Murasaki knocks on the wall before walking up to my desk. "The director said that you could take a rest tomorrow.. spend time with your wife, and your son." What exactly would we be doing? "But, for now, you have to email the director about your rounds."