ushijima x reader

Hey guys, this was a request by @JackManaoat6 ! I apologize once again for prioritizing the other book, kinda aiming for something hahah but I of course still remember this one. I'm also getting busy with school but I will try my best to manage my time!

enjoy :)

—————

    My friends dragged me to a volleyball match because they needed someone to watch over them while they cheered for the team. They consider me the most responsible one in our circle so, they wanted me to be there for them.

    The match is our school, Karasuno, versus Shiratorizawa. Honestly, I was supposed to study there, but the tuition fee's a lot more expensive than in Karasuno. Being the eldest of three, I'm just adjusting to them for them to live more comfortably. I can live with the simplest things, as long as I could see them live a happy life.

    Our family's not that well off, I'm also helping my parents out by working part time in a store near my siblings' school, Shiratorizawa. My siblings are twins, I was pretty thrilled to have twin girls as my younger siblings. They both know how to get home on their own, but I can't help but worry.

    I excused myself from my family today just to spend time with my friends, I hope I can enjoy this. I don't really have time for other things so, I don't know much about sports and other stuff. If I knew a sport, it'd be basketball, it's the only sport I know.

    The crowd suddenly went crazy when the opposing team got out, Ushijima Wakatoshi. I know him, because I actually see him often and I would hear gossips from customers. He's also a regular, I've seen him for the past six years.

    "(Y/n)! You did say you know him right?" Ikumi asks, turning to me with a huge smile as she pointed to the famous ace. I give her a nod and my friends squealed. "Do you guys talk to each other?" I shake my head, earning frowns from them.

    "The only conversation we've ever had is 'a total of  ¥200,' 'thank you for coming, see you again,' and nothing else. He never spoke, I only get nods." I explain, eyes glued on the male. He looks so tall from up here, he's taller up close.

    "Speak to him more! I bet you can get a boyfriend." Kira suggested and I shake my head almost immediately. "Your sisters are in middle school already! They can manage without you." I shake my head again, not wanting to leave my sisters unattended.            

    "Ne-chan!" We all turn to the voice and I see my sisters, they're in their uniform. They immediately run up to me, giving me a tight hug. I let out a chuckle and give them both a kiss on the cheek. "We're on the other side.. but we want to be with you." I just smile at the two of them.

    "Go back, your school needs you to cheer for your team. I'll meet you two later." They frown but they eventually gave in, waving before they ran back to the other side.

    I take a seat, making sure I had my friends bags with me. They're all by the railings, screaming and yelling out the names of our players. My classmate Sugawara's there too, I saw him earlier and we had a short conversation.

    'Her sisters are in Shiratorizawa, but she's here, why?'

    'I heard that she's poor.'

    'Yeah I've heard she doesn't even have a phone, but her sisters seem like they have one.'