kageyama x reader

have been thinking about this, and i hope this is going to go well smh.

enjoy :)

-----------

    Relationships aren't as what we think of them. We expect them to last, and yet they break before we know it. A sad fact, honestly.

    I've never been in a relationship except with one girl. We started going out together during our first year in high school, and things ended during our third--a week or so before graduation.

    She and I are both athletes, volleyball players to be precise. She enjoys the sport, and she plays well. She was recognized and was given the position of a captain.

    She and I practice together when we have the time, and we spend our dates through volleyball practice. She said it herself, she didn't want to go out on flashy dates.

    As she wanted, we did nothing but play volleyball. She was happy.

    Yet, she quitted after losing at Inter High. I suggested continuing, and playing professionally, but she decided not to. With that, as well, we broke up.

    I wanted to have someone to spend time with, to play the sport with... but, she said she'd quit. It was ridiculous. I broke up with her. I still hear her name, though I choose not to.

    "Tobio-kun, time for practice." I nod at Miya-san's call, heading out after taking my knee pads from my locker. "Something also came.. for you."

    "What is it?" He gives me paper bag, outwardly it looked nothing, but it was heavy. "Who gave these?"

    "Hmmm.. a lady came.. (Y/n), yeah her." Why did she come? "She told me to hand that to you. Maybe check on it before you head back to the gym." He pats my shoulder, and leaves me in the locker room.

    I place my pads on the bench, opening the paper bag to see what's inside. Everything... from my little notes, to the necklace.. she returned every single thing.

    I run out, expecting to see her outside. To my luck, there she is. "(Y/n), why'd you give these back?" She slowly turns to me, her eyes dead as a corpse's. Her face is dull, and pale.

    "Accepting these... I thought you loved me. That's why I kept them, and yet.... we broke up just because I couldn't play anymore." She explains with a bright smile, her eyes still sparkling the same--it's different. "I'll see you, Kageyama-san."

    Was once called Tobio, now.. It doesn't feel right. "Keep them--"

    She turns to me, forcing another bright smile on her face. "Why would I? We broke up, they're not worth keeping."

    I look at the bag, the sight of everything making me want to throw the whole bag into the bin. Why did I buy her all of these? Why did I ever choose to put my effort into getting her gifts? 

    Maybe because I believe that she and I weren't going to break up. What a cliché part of my life, the expectance of things going smoothly, yet going the exact opposite as we wished it would.

    I head to the locker room, nothing but irritation running through my head. She had to appear now of all times, right before we were off for practice.