Chapter 23 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 6/6

Start from the beginning

     Y/n placed Yorktown down on the lifeboat before he detached the line from himself and sat down. He pulled out his peaked cap and put on it.

     The officers and the seamen on the lifeboat were looking at Y/n as if they haven't seen anything like that before. Y/n wrapped his left arm around Yorktown's shoulder and pulled her in, allowing Yorktown to rest on his shoulder.

15 minutes later...

USS Astoria, Task Force 17, Not far from the Yorktown.

     After Y/n's lifeboat was picked up by one of the destroyers, he was transferred to Astoria

     After Y/n's lifeboat was picked up by one of the destroyers, he was transferred to Astoria. Alan greeted Y/n and Yorktown as they came aboard. 

Alan: "What's up? Why are both of you that tired?"

Y/n: "That's none of your business, Alan."

Alan: "Alright alright, here's the thing you told me to keep."

     Alan picked up a suitcase and handed it to Y/n. Y/n was quite happy to see that this suitcase was still fine.

Alan: "I won't ask you what's inside the bag."

Y/n: "Because that's also not your problem, Alan."

Alan: "Heh, alright then. Also, Fletcher's waiting for you on the bridge."

Y/n: "Fair enough. Lead the way then."

     Alan led Y/n and Yorktown onto Astoria's bridge while Buckmaster was talking to Fletcher about Task Force 17's current situation.

Fletcher: "Oh, is that our British guy over there? Welcome aboard Astoria, Lieutenant Commander."

Y/n: "It's my pleasure, sir. How's the situation sir?"

Fletcher: "Spraunce has already sent out his dive bombers against the Hiryū, we believe they will be able to put that last Japanese carrier out of operation."

Y/n: "At least that's one good news, sir."

Fletcher: "What happened to Yorktown over there? She seems to be tired."

Yorktown: "...I am fine, sir."

Fletcher: "Maybe you might want to take a rest. Astoria, do you mind bringing Yorktown to an empty room?"

???: "Aye, sir!"

     A shipgirl came into the bridge from the lookout. Y/n turned to look at her, she was of course the shipgirl version of the USS Astoria.

 Y/n turned to look at her, she was of course the shipgirl version of the USS Astoria