Matisse Thybulle- Draft Day

Merry Christmas Girlies, I hope every got what they wished for.

I am updating twice today because these stories are once again long overdue, and its Christmas.

So here are my gifts to you girlies.

-------------------

I am aware that he was drafted before Covid-19 was ever a thing but in the story Covid-19 exist in the year 2019. (I hope this made sense)

-

I was on the couch sitting next to my boyfriend of 2 years waiting to hear his name get called on TV.

It was a special day for my boyfriend, so you know I had to look my best.

Which is why I put on my black body-con dress with some fancy black heels.

My hair was down, and I chose not to put on any make-up because Matisse loved when I looked natural, but I did put on some lip gloss and a few swipes of mascara on my eyelashes.

I doubt Matisse would even notice that though.

For jewelry, I put on the necklace that Matisse gave me when we hit our 1 year anniversary, and I put on the promise ring that he got me just yesterday.

He had promised me a lot of things because of what was happening on this day.

Oh, by the way, this was the day that Matisse would be getting drafted to the NBA, if your a fan of basketball, you would know how big this moment is.

"Are you nervous babe?" I asked him, while rubbing his hand.

We were both sitting next to each other, so we were holding hands.

"I am" He said with a giggle.

Gosh, his smile.

It was so beautiful.

I loved it because every time he smiled or laughed I got to see those dimples of his.

When we first started dating I would poke at them whenever he smiled or laughed near me.

He hated when I did it, so he would get all shy.

But overtime he grew to love them, which I'm glad he did because I loved seeing them.

"This is your dream babe, and I'll be with you, regardless of which team picks you" I said.

"I know, princess, and that's why I love you" He said, and then gave me a kiss.

"Love you, too"

Our eyes went back to the TV as they were about to announce the 20thpick of the 2019 NBA draft.

It got dead silent in the living room.

You could hear a pin drop.

"With the 20th pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Philidelphia 76ers select, Matisse Thybulle, from the University of Washington." Commissioner Adam Silver announced.

The living room erupted with cheer.

Matisse let go of my hand and put his hands over his face.

I just wrapped my arms around him for a quick second because I didn't want to steal his spotlight.

I got up and just looked around and smiled at all the happy faces.

Once he realized he had to do something, he got and hugged his mother and father, and the rest of his immediate family.

He then looked at me with watery eyes and a bright smile on his face.

"I did it" He whispered to me.

I gave him a big hug, and he did the same to me.

We pulled away but were only a couple of inches away from each other, so I poked his dimples.

He laughed and took my hand and kissed.

"You did it baby, and I am so proud of you" I said.

I inched closer to him so my lips could land on his.

We shared a kiss, and when we broke the it, we laughed because we knew that this draft video would go viral.

-------------

Don't forget to like, comment, and enjoy.

BTW

I LOVE YOU GIRLIES.