8. I Wolfin' Love You

Start from the beginning

The ride towards my house was a comfortable but awkward. I didn't know what to say to him and quite frankly I was a bit upset. And I was too flushed to even say something to a god like him.

We sprinted up the apartment stairs, and to my surprise I found Mrs. Wilber out. “Oh hello Avery dear,” she said with a warm smile then her eyes slid to the guy a head taller than me. “And who might you be, young man?” “Mason, ma'am.” She gave him a smile but her eyebrows crinkled. “Are you okay? You look a little...” I shook my head and sighed. “He's sick but doesn't want to admit it.” “I'm not sick, she just thinks I am.” I shot him a glare but he just gave a dimpled smile back. “Well I’ll whip up some herbal tea for you then. It'll cure you right up and got you feelin' better than ever!”

I smiled at her. “And we thank you. Just knock when you're finish.” She nodded and went inside, sneaking a peek before closing the door. I opened mine and gestured for him to enter.

He went inside and I peeled off my jacket and put it into the closet while he sat on the loveseat.

“I wish I had something to fit you, a better shirt, but I don’t. I'm sorry.”

He waved a hand. “I'm fine.” “ I looked at him doubtfully. “You sure? I mean, it's like literally freezing out there. You have to be cold.” “not a bit,” he simply replied. Guys.

“Now let me see that cut.” Before he could protest, I was in front of him, pushing his silky black hair away from his face. A small smile appeared to my lips but instantly vanished.

“Where's your cut?”

I could have swore he was bleeding! I had saw the gash in his forehead. I couldn't be losing my mind.

I blinked rapidly and I felt warm hands wrap around my wrist. “There's no cut.”

I laughed weakly and shook my head. “No, I'm sure there was a cut here. I'm positive.” “Perhaps you were looking too closely?” he asked. I glanced down at him, meeting his blue-gray eyes and suddenly realized how close I was. I blushed and tried to move away.

He had me in an iron grip though and wouldn't let me back up so much as an inch. “No, I wasn't looking too closely. I was positive a cut was there. I'm not crazy.” I looked back down at him to see that he was still staring at me. “I never said you were.” Then a small smile appeared to his lips. “You're beautiful, sweet, and kind, but I don't think you're crazy. I think you were just so concerned about me.” I begin to blush again.

“You're blushing,” he said, amusement clearly thick in his voice. “Ugh. I bet I look like a tomato.” I tried to hide my face in my hair but Mason stood and tucked it behind my ear. “I don't think you look like a tomato. I think you look like the most gorgeous girl in the world,” he said softly, looking deep into my eyes, his warm breathe brushing my forehead.

We were so close. My heart was thumping in excited thumps and butterflies fluttered in my stomach. To make my blushing worst, I remembered only a thin shirt covered his muscled body, barely protection. I place a hand on his chest, well defined and warm enough to snuggle up to. I could feel the quick thumps of his heart and my eyebrows collided together. “You see what you do to me Avery?” he questioned, his voice horse and deep and soft like a lullaby.