Chapter 22 Who... Am I?

ابدأ من البداية

"huh?"

"People are saying things! Everywhere I go someone is saying I'm a failure and that I'm rude!"

"May... I-"

"AM I NOT ALLOWED TO BE MY OWN PERSON!?"

"May you-"

"I CAN'T TAKE THIS! I JUST WANT TO BE A HUMAN I WANT TO BE MAY... I-I want to be someone who actually made a change in this world"

"May-"

"maybe it's just destiny... I guess there has to be losers to be winners... There needs to be a balance... I guess since you got your dream the balance is I have the short end of the stick" she stands up and leaves "bye Brendan" she leaves as I start to chase her she locks the door I knock but there's no answer I stay outside and fall asleep on the ground "Brendan?" I open my eyes "huh? Wally?"

"Why are you sleeping outside?"

"I... I don't remember" I think for a second "was it something to do with May?"

"That's what it was! Thanks Wally!" I knock on the door May's mother answers "can I see May!?" she nods as I run up May's asleep "thanks goodness"

"*yawn* goodmorning... Brendan!? W-what are you doing in my room!?"

"I came to make sure you were okay"

"yeah I'm fine!" She seems mad at me "May are you mad at me?"

"What do you think!?"

"Okay I understand but"

"what?"

"Before I go I need to tell you something"

"well spit it out!"

"though your story isn't a happy beginning that doesn't mean it won't be a happy ending"

"well it isn't either!" I leave

May's POV
The words echo in my head "though your story isn't a happy beginning that doesn't mean it won't be a happy ending" that's all I can hear in my head "if I can't have either... I guess it's time to start over"

Brendan's POV
"*knock knock knock*" I walk to the door but no one's there "hm?" I pick up five Pokéballs "wait a second... Altaria, Flygon, Pidgeot! Delcatty and Swampert! These are May's Pokémon!" There's a note "Brendan you were right just because my story has a bad beginning doesn't mean the ending has to be bad" I let out a sigh but it goes on "but the ending was bad... So I'm starting over I hope you can understand -May" She's gonna get herself killed! I begin to run out "Brendan! Brendan!" It's professor Birch "what is it!?"

"My Treecko it it it! It was stolen! Did you see anyone"

"I know who it was"

"who!?"

"May"

"no it couldn't be!"

"she went on this tangent about not know who she is she can't figure out and she gave me her Pokémon and a note saying she's starting over!"

"oh... Brendan please help her!"

"I will"

"well well well" I turn around to see a team Magma grunt "team Magma!"

"we're making our grand return!"

"yeah and I'll put you back to rock bottom!"

"Sure you will Pelipper!" He sends out a Pelipper "that's all you got?"

"Hurricane" It fires on my as I try to stand on the ground but it picks me up as I pass out "*gasp!*"

"Brendan!"

"What happened?"

"A team Magma grunt attacked you! You passed out and... you've lost your Pokémon" I slam my fist "grr! I'm not letting them get away with this and I swear by the name of my family and my life I won't let them get to May!" I jump up "Professor Birch!"

"Yes?"

"Are you ready to help me out?"

"Anything to save my daughter"

"I need to see all of your Pokémon!" He nods then turns on the PC then calls someone "hello Birch what is it?"

"Noland! I need you to show me the Pokémon in the Battle Factory!"

"Why so?"

"This is a matter that has to do with the champion!"

"Okay I will believe you" he sends the files "Brendan take your pick" I look at the twenty Pokémon "Stantler, Maractus, Krookodile, Farfetch'd, Kecleon, Politoed, Steelix, Ambipom, Seaking, Shedinja, Vaporeon, Pyroar, Mightyena, Medicham, Beedrill, Slowbro, Raichu, Heatmor, Crobat, Fearow" I think for a second "I'll take Shedinja, Kecleon, Steelix, Mightyena, Beedrill, and Slowbro" the man nods and sends them over "I'm honored you want to deal with the up coming Battle Frontier"

"thank you" I hang up and hold the Pokémon "professor Birch?"

"Y-Yes!?"

"Calm down we're gonna find her" I hand him a piece of paper "contact all of these numbers tell them our situation" I sigh "Brendan this is a new side of you I'm seeing"

"I know but this isn't a joke anymore this is May we're talking about" I say seriously "you're becoming more like your father every day"

"thanks sir" I say as I walk out I guess this is just like the start of my journey chasing after May hoping to save her... I wonder if I felt the same way back then that I do now? "Heh probably"