Chapter 32: Out Of Control

"Mon-El . . . I think it may have been too soon."

"What?"

"You're acting extremely toxic and possessive. I have friends too! I'm bound to hang out with them once in a while!"

~~~~~~~~

Alex stood there, stunned, as she looked at Maggie.

"Uhm . . . hi."

Alex's heart pounded in her chest as she spoke, voice breaking.

"Hey, Alex!"

She let out a sigh of relief as she heard her girlfriend's voice.

But she could not tear her gaze away from the woman who stood before her, as beautiful and as headstrong as she had been when they'd met.

Kelly hooked her arm around Alex's waist and pecked her cheek, breaking her out of her trance.

"Oh, Kelly! Hi!"

Maggie scanned the girl, and Alex could tell that every inch of her body was stiff.

Noticing the gazes of the two women, Kelly released Alex. "Hi."

The tension between the three of them was so thick that Alex began worrying. "Kelly, this is Maggie - Maggie Sawyer. M-Maggie, this is Kelly."

As if sensing her discomfort, Kelly interlocked her fingers with Alex's. Maggie's eyes slid to where their palms were.

"Danvers . . . it's nice to see you again."

Alex rolled her shoulders and straightened her back. "Yeah . . . I could say the same."

"I-I'm glad you moved on . . . "

"Yeah, so am I."

~~~~~~~~

"Mon-El. Don't you understand? I do love you!"

"Then why, Kara?" Mon-El frowned. "Why do you keep pushing me away?"

Kara winced as she put a band-aid on the cut. "Mon-El. You are easily jealous and very, very possessive. That's extremely toxic behaviour. I don't want to be in that kind of a relationship."

She moved to the other end of the room. "Besides, you aren't the only person in my life. I have family and friends too . . . I'll also have to make time for them."

Mon-El flinched as the words hit him. "You need to understand - I don't want to lose you, not again. Not ever."

"Not by acting the way you do. You'll lose me even faster that way."

Kara sighed and opened the door. "Just . . . get out, please. I don't want to see you until you have thought about what I've said today."

"But-"

"I'm not breaking up with you - not yet. I just . . . need a break right now."

As Mon-El stalked out, Kara called after him. "Also, Supergirl is not able to fight. I've lost my powers . . . for a day or two."

He smiled sadly back at her. "I'll tell J'onn."

~~~~~~~~

Alex frowned.

"Well, I've gotta run."

"Same here . . . "

~~~~~~~~

When they finally reached the D.E.O., Alex walked over to what used to be her office.

"Director Danvers!" She was greeted with a man, head bald but a goatee forming. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"