Chapter 11: Valor

[A/N: Before this chapter starts, I want to just thank you all for getting me to #1 on 'Valor' as I'm writing this! It means so much to me that people actually enjoy this story that I initially started out of boredom. Thanks so, so much! Anyway, enjoy the chapter! :) ]

~~~~~~~~

"Can you believe it? That same man! Valor! I swear! That man's messing with me! Taking all the credit, saving everyone before me!"

"And . . . ?"

"I'm mad about it!"

Of course, she was. She even got mad when Guardian, James, joined in to help everyone.

Of course, she knows about him now. They are all working together now.

Alex was no longer Agent Danvers, but Director Danvers.

Hank Henshaw, no, J'onn J'onzz, the real Hank Henshaw was dead, had retired from the D.E.O. a while back. Alex took his place.

Kara was now a reporter, and was best friends with a Luthor. Lena Luthor. They hung out when Kara isn't Supergirl. She's planning on telling Lena soon.

James's sister, Kelly, has come to National City to stay. She and Alex are dating, with both of them very happy. Alex has found a new lover since Maggie left and Kara couldn't be happier.

Cat Grant, Kara's employer, is still working at CatCo., and is very proud of her work. She eventually found out that Kara was Supergirl, and, now being one of Kara's friends, kept the secret, though she does write about Supergirl every now and then. She occasionally helps out the Superfriends Team.

With all these new lives comes a new friend. Nia Nal, her friend and partner, in both the reporting and superhero world. She admired Kara greatly, and never feels up to the task as Dreamer.

Winn is still a part of their team, and helps them out greatly. Able to speak and read several languages, including those that are not Earthen, he has been a valuable asset to the team in many ways.

Samantha Arias, or Sam, is, or was, Reign. She is now a part of the Superfriends, and a really close friend of Kara and Lena. She helps them out as a Superhero by the name of Assist.

[A/N: This is just a summary of what has happened with the Superfriends the past few years, and yes, Cat Grant is included. I liked Sam Arias so I added her. And no, 'Assist' is not a comic-accurate name, but I created it as I felt Sam needed to have a name.]

"Maybe if you get to know him, it won't be that bad."

"Yeah right. And how would you know? Do you know who he is? Like when James was Guardian and he didn't tell me?"

"No. I swear, this time, I have no clue. He just appeared suddenly, as you mentioned."

Kara heaved a sigh. If no one knew, then who did?

Alex's phone beeped, "Oh. It says here that there's a armed attacker downtown, you'd better get there."

~~~~~~~~

She flew there in her Supergirl outfit. Of course, she met Valor again. He had also just finished taking care of the mess.

She wanted to yell at him in anger, but instead, she simply called over to him.

"Valor, right? Can we talk?"

As she and the superhero sat down at the table, Supergirl gave a smile.

"So, when did you get here?"

"To Earth? Or to National City?"

Supergirl shrugged, "Both. I want to know who I may possibly be working with."

Or against.

Valor nodded in understanding, "I reached Earth in a Kryptonian pod, 24 years ago. I am originally from Daxam, and I have been living in Florida for the past few years, being their local superhero, Valor. My family and I recently moved to National City and we have been living here. I decided to continue being a superhero here."

"And . . . what's your name? Your real name?"

"I don't think that's any of your business. And it's not something that I am inclined to discuss."

"Fine."

Kara stood up and turned on her heel, leaving in a huff. She came to gather information on the man who was continuously stealing her job, but instead, she was beginning to feel mad. She was irritated. How could someone new be better than her at her own job?

"Wait. How about we discuss this. Next week, perhaps? Maybe we'd both be in a better mood."

She didn't bother facing him, "Maybe."

With that, she left, barely saying anything or glancing at anyone as she did so.

~~~~~~~~

Never in the world did she think that someone else would outshine her. She loved her job and she loved being Supergirl, but she wanted to just unwind a little.

She stepped into the bar she was so used to visiting as her superhero alter-ego, but this time it was not Supergirl that wanted to get a drink, but rather Kara Danvers.

She sat by the bar, "The usual, please."

"I'm sorry, miss, but I'm new here and I don't know your usual."

"Oh," Kara realised she was staring into a very familiar-looking man, though she couldn't exactly pinpoint who he was, "sorry. I'll have a Club Soda."

"Comin' right up!"

She could feel a connection between them. No, she liked someone else.

"Hey, what's your name?"

Kara wanted to snoop, but she couldn't do it as the reporter Kara Danvers. She had to choose another alias, "Linda. Linda Lee Danvers."

"Well, Linda. I'm Mike Matthews, and it's nice to meet you."

~~~~~~~~

[A/N: I cannot repeat how grateful I am to have this audience with me. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and thanks for reading!]