Chapter 12: Linda Lee Danvers

"Your hair is marvelously brown."

Kara blushed, "Thanks."

"I'll see you here again tomorrow?"

"Sorry, not tomorrow, but you'll definitely see me again."

"Alright, lookin' forward to it!"

~~~~~~~~

Kara couldn't stop thinking about him. That man. Mike Matthews. Sure, she'd feel bad lying to someone about her true identity, but she'd done it before, much to her guilt-ridden heart.

She had to know. She knew and recognised almost any alien in that bar. That exact place she had visited for years. He couldn't be human, but he was a new alien. New to National City, at least. Unless he's a member of the D.E.O., they're the only humans that come here.

She needed to know who he was, especially since she sensed something between them. Was he also Kryptonian? Did she meet him before?

~~~~~~~~

The following week, Kara returned as "Linda Lee Danvers" to the bar. 

She sat at the same spot, and Mike appeared, handing her her Club Soda. She smiled at him as he sat down to talk to her.

"Don't you have customers to serve?"

He chuckled under his breath, "Not many come on Wednesdays."

Kara smiled along with him. Mike was just so adorable.

"So, what species are you?"

Mike stopped short, "What did you say?"

"You're an alien, right? Barely any humans come to this bar in National City. So unless you are a member of the D.E.O., you couldn't be human."

"It's a secret."

"Just tell me, my lips are sealed. I swear," Kara mimed the action of zipping her lips, which made him laugh slightly.

"Sorry, Linda, but it's still a no."

"Please? I'll give you a tip . . . "

She pouted, and after staring at her for a while, Mike sighed, "Alright. You got me. I'm not human. I'm from a lesser-known planet, which is the sister to Krypton."

No. It wasn't possible.

"I'm from Daxam. A Daxamite."

Was it?

"Daxam . . . what happened to it?"

"It was destroyed. Destroyed by the debris of Krypton's moon, and our own. Daxam has since become a wasteland."

Kara had no words to say. She just sucked in a breath, shocked.

"What about you, Linda?"

Kara looked up, "What?"

"I just said, 'What about you?'"

Kara glanced up at Mike, "I work for the D.E.O., and I just come here about once a week. Fun fact; I know Supergirl."

It wasn't completely a lie.

"I heard the new hero Valor has helped out way more."

Ugh, that name again. Valor. Who was that man?

"He told me Supergirl that he's a Daxamite as well. Do you know him?"

"No. Not personally, at least."

"Sis! We gotta go. D.E.O. duties."

A brunette female who had a side bob walked up to Kara.

"Alex! Hey! Meet my new friend, Mike."

"Hey, I'm Linda's friend."

Alex looked confused, but as she saw Kara's face, she understood. It was an undercover alias. For her to snoop.

"I'm her older sister. Alex Danvers."

They shook hands, before Kara stood up to leave.

"What's the deal?"

"Silver Banshee and Psi. They're working together. Superman is too far. We can't reach him."

Kara smirked, "I got this."

~~~~~~~~

As she arrived on the scene, so did Valor.

"What are you doing here?"

"Stopping the bad guy," he answered, matter-of-factly.

"They're not easy to beat. You need to - "

He was off. He punched Banshee with all his might. She screamed.

He was pushed back by the sound waves alone. He stood up, rubbing his ears. He went for Psi this time, before he stopped in his tracks, tipping over to the side.

"Hey! Siobhan! Psi!"

Supergirl blew, using her freeze breath, at Silver Banshee. As she flew back, she used her sonic scream to stabilise herself. Meanwhile, Supergirl had launched an attack on Psi, who attempted to enter her mind.

Fortunately, Supergirl came prepared.

"I've beaten you two before. I'll do it again."

She smirked as she dodged a punch thrown by Psi, before catching the next fist. She smirked again, "Got you now."

A shriek sounded.

Banshee. She had completely forgotten about her. As Valor stood up to stand, Kara tossed him a pair of cuffs, "Cuff her!"

She struggled, Psi once again using her powers on Valor. Kara pressed her enemy against a wall, hurriedly securing both hands behind her back, cuffing her. Grabbing Psi, she rushed her to the D.E.O. van which was waiting nearby.

"Here you go, Alex."

She heard another shriek. She dashed back, only to be greeted by Banshee advancing on Valor, who was shielding his ears. No doubt, she had used her powers on him.

She grabbed the cuffs, and before Siobhan could turn to her, she rushed behind her back, restraining both her arms. Banshee screamed, and they flew backwards crashing into the nearest wall.

Hurriedly, Supergirl strapped on the cuffs, a triumphant smile on her face. She raced over to turn the other villain in to the D.E.O., and raced back. Valor had tried to fly away, it seems, but after Psi's psychic wave and Banshee's sonic screech, it ended up knocking him out.

She hauled him onto her back, to the D.E.O.'s van, where he was left. Supergirl nodded to the director, "I'll meet you there."

~~~~~~~~

As she landed at the headquarters, she looked over at Alex, who was standing by the balcony.

"Hey, Alex. Where's Valor?"

Alex just pointed at the room nearest to them, "He's there. Still unconscious, but stable. He fainted due to the psychic waves as well as Banshee's screech. He'll have to stay here to recover and recuperate."

Kara nodded. Her eyes carried a sort of dejected look. She sat by the bed, and sighed, "Sorry. Sorry for the way I treated you. I feel so bad that you're here now."

Kara fell asleep in the chair by his bed. She didn't even stir when he awoke.

"Hey," Kara heard as Valor shook her awake.

She inhaled deeply as she woke, "Hi."

Valor just stared at her costume, at that sigil that she bore. Her family's coat-of-arms. She couldn't help but do the same.

A circle, with a V-shaped design upon it. It just seemed so . . . familiar. Had she seen it elsewhere before?

Her vision snapped up to his face. He didn't resist as the Girl of Steel scanned his appearance. Simple, combed brown hair, a tad bit of stubble growing on his chin. His blue eyes matched hers. Even Kara couldn't deny the straight fact - he was attractively handsome. Even for someone like her.

She gave him a smile. A real, genuine smile, this time.

"Can we talk?"