Chapter 10: The D.E.O.

Kara awoke to clasps around her wrists.

Of course people were hunting her. She shouldn't have put herself in the spotlight.

"Hello, Kara Danvers. Or should I say, Supergirl?"

Who was this man? How did he know her?

"Director Henshaw. Please remove those trace-Kryptonite cuffs off of my sister. She's safe. She doesn't need those."

Alex? What was she doing with these guys?

More importantly, why was she here?

As he unfastened the clasps, Kara dashed forward, one arm holding him by his collar, pinning him on the wall.

"Kara! Put him down!"

"Not until you explain this, Alex!"

Alex half-sighed, half-growled, "Fine. Just put. Him. Down."

"Agent Danvers, please tell me why we are letting a dangerous alien out at the D.E.O.?"

The D.E.O.? What in the world was Alex involved in?

"Let me, uhm . . . talk to her first."

That man just gave her a stern, blank stare. Alex looked equally serious.

"Two minutes."

Alex turned to Kara in her strange leather outfit. She embraced her sister, "I'm so glad you're safe."

"Safe? I'm in a strange place, and my sister is working with the people who just darted me with a Kryptonite. Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty safe."

"Let me explain."

"You'd better."

Alex sucked in a breath, "We are an organisation of extraterrestrial investigators, of a sort. We know all sorts of alien life, including your own. Our job is to capture any unregistered alien and help them or imprison them. When they received news that there was a Kryptonian woman flying around, our alerts went off. I didn't know they were talking about you."

"You help these guys?"

"It's my job, Kara."

"Your job? Excuse me, but your job almost got me killed. I could've died tonight, Alex. What kind of a sister are you?"

"The dart was barely laced with Kryptonite."

"But enough to weaken and knock me unconscious. Tell me, sis, are you here by force, or are you helping them because of me?"

"Because of you."

"Because I'm an alien? Because I'm not from this planet?"

"No. It's because I studied bio-engineering."

"Can I head home?"

"I'll have to check about that."

"Time's up, ladies!"

Kara whipped her head around, and that man walked back, "Now. We need your help. At least, for now."

Kara looked at her sister for clues, but she looked equally as lost and confused as she was.

"I don't even know you, and you expect me to assist you?"

"My name is Director Hank Henshaw, and this is the Department of Extranormal Operations, or the D.E.O. for short. You know my second-in-command, Agent Danvers. We monitor and protect Earth from extraterrestrial presence and/or invasion, which includes you and your cousin. We have both your ships as a reminder of the days you crashed on Earth."

"Now you know, let's get down to business."

~~~~~~~~

"He appeared recently, and he seems to have similar skills to you. I thought maybe you'd be able to track him down."

"This man? He looks kind of familiar."

"We have no leads on him. Nothing at all. This is a first. That's why we need you to help us," Hank said.

"Why on Earth would I help you? Again, you just kidnapped me."

"We have something that may interest you. His pod was of Kryptonian design. He was found unconscious around the same time you crashed on Earth. He seems to be in National City for the time being, but . . . nothing else."

Kara took to the streets, scanning with her enhanced vision. She couldn't see him.

She edged slightly closer to the ground. That man, where was he?

She spotted him.

Landing close by, she just called, "You! Please come with me."

"Why should I?"

He didn't even turn around.

"Or I will have to make you."

He ran. Bolting at an inhuman speed that only a Kryptonian could match. She was just steps behind him, then . . .

He flew. Across the sea, to somewhere that Kara felt the D.E.O. would not allow her to go. She stopped her pursue.

As Kara stepped back into the base, the Director gave her an anger-filled look, "You let him get away."

"If I left the city, you'd scold me too."

"Well, we got some information on him. His current name is Mike Matthews. He is not from Earth. That's all we got."

Well, duh.

"Can I go home now? I'm exhausted, especially since you shot me with a Kryptonite dart!"

"It was low-grade - "

"Just let her go, Director Henshaw."

"Fine. Leave."

~~~~~~~~

Two years later . . .

Kara flew through the skies, she was going to stop a bank robbery.

As she arrived on the scene, she saw the victim sprawled out on the floor, and a man in a red suit, and blue cape in front of her. He held the robber's gun, crushing it with his bare hands. That Kryptonian was back.

He knocked the man out, handing the cash back to the register, and hauling the man into the policeman's car.

On his suit was a large circle with a 'V'-like symbol.

It was someone from Krypton.

As they locked eyes, there seemed to be some unspoken words between them.

As if . . . they knew each other . . .

~~~~~~~~

[A/N: I know some scenes are still from the show itself, but I was running out of ideas for this chapter. Don't worry their real interaction is soon!]